4x06 - The Full Story

Ham's POV:
Everyone had finished eating. Bex and Celia are still arguing. So I just brought the kids over to the couch.

"Alright kids. This is what really happened 13 years ago."

~~~

I had just brought Bex home from the hospital. She had no clothes except her hospital ones, so we went to the store and bought her some. Unfortunately, I forgot to cut the plants, and her new jeans got kind of ripped.

Bex walked into the house, holding little Andi in her arms. Celia said, "Oh, hello dear."

"Hi, mom." Bex replied. "Would you like to hold Andi?"

"I would love to." Celia grabbed the baby, and held her gently. "Don't worry, Bex. I'll hold her carefully, like she's my own child."

I went into the other room, but I could still hear their conversation.

Celia seemed a little worried. "Bex. Have you figured out a way to make money? You know Ham and I can't afford to take care of us all."

"Yeah, of course. I've made my applications I'll send them out tomorrow."

I walked back into the room and asked, "What kind of jobs are you applying for?"

She took out a small list. "Uhh, pizza delivery, store clerk, makeup artist at the Fringe..."

Celia took the list and crossed Fringe out. "No. I don't want you to get a job there. There are way too many divas who work there."

"Mom. I'm practically an adult now." Bex said, crossing her arms. "I'm pretty sure that I'll be fine."

"Nope. You're not applying for a job there. There's bound to be at least one job that'll hire you."

About a week passed, and Bex got rejected by every single job she applied for.

I tried to comfort Bex, and Celia finally gave in. "Fine. Go ahead. Apply for that job at the Fringe."

Bex was now crying. "I can't. Someone already took the job. No one in town wants to hire me. Thanks a lot, mom. If I had taken the chance for the Fringe, maybe I would've gotten hired."

"This isn't my fault. Maybe if you had better work ethics, then maybe more places would've hired you."

I went into the garage to fix some stuff, but I could still hear their argument.

"I can't believe I raised such an insignificant daughter!" Celia shouted. "Maybe you should just leave!"

Bex yelled back. "You know what? Maybe I will!"

The door slammed shut, and in a moment of distraction, I accidentally pressed the wrong switch in the circuit breaker, which caused a small blackout.

A couple years passed, and Bex finally came home. Both her and Celia were about to make up, but then Andi called Celia, "Mom."

After realizing what happened, Bex left again. Because of what happened, she only visited a few times, for Andi.

—————

Andi's POV:
"That's the whole story." Pops told us.

I was actually in tears. Buff and Cy were in shock. "That's what happened?" I asked.

He nodded. I was almost angry. "Why did they act like that back then? If they acted differently, maybe our family would've still been together."

"Cece never showed appreciation towards Bex, no matter how hard she tried to impress her. This caused Bex to stop caring about learning good habits. She became more spoiled, and when she had you, she couldn't take care of you."

"Is it normal that I'm mad at them?"

Ham made a compassionate smile. "It's normal, but you probably shouldn't. When you realize how much they went through to make you happy, could you really stay mad?"

———

Mom and Cece finally calmed down, but they still weren't talking to each other. I walked into the room, and gave both of them a hug.

"Thank you for attempting to tell me what happened." I said. I turned to Pops. "And thank you for telling me what actually happened."

Bex had happy tears. "You're not mad at us?"

"Why would I be? You didn't ruin my life or anything. My life is so much more interesting now, and you two made up in the end... sort of."

Cece smiled at me and Bex. "Would you guy like to stay for a sleepover? Buffy and Cyrus included."

We all nodded, and I ran up the stairs to find some pillows and blankets.

—————

Bex's POV:
Good thing Andi went upstairs. I had to talk to everyone else. "Okay. Please tell me that you have some way to fix the whole Jonah and Andi incident."

Cyrus and Buffy shook their heads. "We're trying our best. Neither of them want to make up."

Andi walked down, holding pillows and blankets. I leaned closer to the two. "We'll figure something out. Don't worry. In the end, friends forgive each other."