The crew

As I lay on the couch watching split and eating Doritos I feel my phone buzz. It's from Dakota "Hey girl you should come over to Kayden' s and hang". Might as well get up and socialize sense I don't know anyone here. I go to my room and change into my teal shorts and tan sleeveless shirt and sandals. I shoot a text back to Dakota " Be right out". I turn off the tv and head outside.

I start walking over when I see Kayden and Dakota and two guys I don't recognize. I say Hey to the group feeling a little awkward at everyone paying so much attention to me. Dakota introduces the two guys first "This is Jordan and Jason" she says. Jordan and Jason both are around Kayden's height but they both have blonde hair and blue eyes. There twins, but you can tell them apart from Jordan's Scar over his left eye. There good looking guys and like Kayden have a athletic build. They say Hey and ask where I'm from and why I moved. "I moved because my parents split up" I look around the group and everyone understands. "My parents split up when I was fifteen" Dakota says. From there we have normal chit chat.

After about 15 minutes of just shooting the shit Jason looks around the group then back to me and ask if I smoke. I've smoked before with some kids from my old neighborhood. "Yeah I smoke" I say then he smiles. So I follow as the group walks through the woods by my house to a open space where a old couch sits and some beat up chairs. No one can see us back here so it makes for a great hang out spot.

So as we sit there I ask how old everyone is. Jason and Jordan are both 17, Dakota just turned 18 like me and Kayden is 16 about to be 17 in a about a month. This takes me by surprise I thought Kayden was my age. So Jason, Jordan and Kayden are juniors and Dakota is a senior like me. I'm glad they're all so comfortable with me. It feels good just laughing and being around laid back people.

I wasn't always so laid back. I used to want to be the perfect daughter who got good grades, perfect attendance and the right group of friends. My dad showed me we aren't perfect. So I stopped trying to be. My grades are good still but I'm more relaxed and not so uptight I guess you could say. I learned also there is no right type of friends. So I'm just going with the flow!

As we walk back out from the woods we decide we will go to my house and order pizza and watch a movie. My mom won't be home till late sense she works a 24hour shift. Jason plops down on the floor next to Dakota, Jordan sits in the recliner so that leaves the couch to me and Kayden. We decide on the movie Transformers.

I can't help but notice how handsome Kayden is sense I'm sitting so close to him, it makes me hyper aware of him. So I'm kind of distracted as we're trying to watch the movie, I'm focused on his leg touching mine. I notice him looking at me from the corner of my eye, so I turn my head. He looks away quickly as we both blush and just watch the rest of the movie. As everyone leaves for the night I get the boy's numbers.

I take a shower and start cleaning up the living room. When I'm alone I cant help but miss my dad. I'm mad at him for the choices he has made but I cant help it he's still my dad. I pull out my phone to call him but think better of it and put my phone on the charger. I leave a note for my mom "I hope your first day of work was amazing , I love you!" I know I won't see her before I go to school tomorrow. I feel pretty happy with how quickly I met a group of people I can hopefully be good friends with. After this thought I let sleep take over and drift into dreamland.