Ups and Downs

Monday morning is here yet again. I feel like shit, I'm so groggy and I feel nauseous. It must have been from dinner last night, or could be from worrying about Dakota and college. She never texted me after they talked but I didn't wanna pry if she wasn't ready to talk. I'm gonna be late If I keep up the pace.

I throw on a cute white sundress with a black cardigan, throw my hair up in a messy bun before rising out the door grabbing fruit on the way out. I almost run right into Kayden who's patiently waiting for me. "Get enough beauty rest?" He says teasingly . "I know I'm sorry, I feel so tired and I'm not feeling to hot today." I say while taking his walking towards the school. "I hope your not getting sick, we should get some airborne on our lunch break." He says. I nod my head walking into the school as the warning bell rings.

I walk into first period and see Dakota sitting in the back looking out the window. I walk right to the back and sit beside her. She doesn't look over at me so I'm assuming last night was just as I expected. "Hey beautiful, how you feeling?" I ask gently. She looks over at me as if she's just noticing me. "I'm doing okay, just a lot on my mind honestly. Jason took it horribly of course, I don't blame him either. I just feel like this is the right thing to do for me right now. All I wanted was to be with him but now I have my doubts with college and leaving. I want to venture out and have the full experience." I nod my head as she talks. I understand whee she's coming from, many people go through the same things. I lean over and give her a side hug. "Well it sounds to me like your doing the right thing for you. Jason with understand, maybe not anytime soon but eventually he will see this was for the better for you both." I say. She smiles over at me "Thank you Jessabell, for being here for me" she says. I smile back, that's what friend's are for the ups and downs in life not just the fun stuff.

As Kayden and me walk hand in hand, we talk about everything that went on with Dakota and Jason. "I just can't believe she doesn't even wanna hear him out. It's messed up, he wants to make it work" he states. "Yes I understand that but she doesn't. She cares about him enough to not drag him along the rest of the school year till she leaves. It's not easy for her either, it seems like it but only because it was her decision." I say. He needs understanding. "Its just a shitty situation." He says. I agree. I have a bad headache and just want to Lay down. I think I'm coming down with something. Just great all I need right now is to have a cold on top of everything else. "I'm gonna take a nap before I come over for dinner babe" I say kissing Kayden and heading into my house.

Moms home which is always nice. "Hey ma! I'm home, how was work?" I call to her. " Hey love, it was good nice short shift. How was school? You don't look well, are you okay? " she says looking worried. "I just felt nauseas this morning, had a head ache sense lunch time and just feel when out. I think I'm catching a cold, I was just about to take a nap." I say. She has a look on her face I can't really decipher but she just shakes her head and says "Well I hope you feel better honey." And kisses me I the forehead.

I head over to Kayden's a few hours later. His family has always been welcoming, I love it. His mom is the sweetest and his father is a bit quiet but can't complain. "Hey Jessabell I'm glad you made it to dinner, Kayden said you haven't felt well today." She says. "I wouldnt miss it Mrs.West! I took some medicine today also" I say giving her a hug. Dinner goes by fine, I don't eat to much but it's a good dinner. Kayden and his dad watch tv while his mom and I clean up. I hug both his parents bye before he walks me out.

"My mom was being kind of weird when I got home from school. I can't really explain it, she just kinda looked at me funny when I told her I was getting sick." I say. "Maybe she's just worried. She see's so many sick people at her job." He replies. He's probably right, Ma can be a worry wart sometimes. We decide to go sit at out spots a little while before heading in for the night.

Kayden sits down I climb on his lap. I love being with him. I snuggle my head into his neck and wrap my legs around him. "So how many schools did you apply to?" He asks. I look up into his beautiful green eyes, they feel like they are piercing right through me. "Just two, and if those don't work out I'll stay here and go to the community college." I say trying to read him. "We haven't really gotten into specifics, I feel like we have been avoiding the subject. I think we should discuss the details more sense were getting close to the end of the year" he says. I know he's right, I just wish we could avoid it. I applied to the University Of California and Florida State University. I sigh loudly before saying "One of the schools is a California the other is in Florida.". We had discussed this when we first became friends, we just hasn't brought it up much once we got serious. "Well FSU isn't to far! That wouldn't be to hard babe." He says smiling but I fades quickly. "UC is over 30 hours away" he states with his head hung low. "Baby we can make it work if we try. It seems impossible when you talk like that but we can do it" I say smiling. Deep down I'm just as scared as him. If I get accepted to UC I'll be over 2,100 miles away and FSU is over 400 miles away.

We walk home slowly, both taking in our conversation. I pull him into a deep kiss before pulling away to go inside. He grabs my hand right before I walk in. "I'm Sorry if I seem negative, I know we can do this. Let's just try to enjoy the rest of the year and get excited for your acceptance letters" he says smiling. "This is why I love you Kayden West." I say before giving him a hug and one last kiss for the night. Being positive for the both of us when we're both scared shitless for what the future holds.