Answers

Lance stared at the message, he didn’t move a single muscle. She’s willing to talk to me? Lance was shocked to say the least, his sister is actually going to talk to him. After 2 months of complete silence from the entire family she’s going to talk to him. Lance swallowed the nervous lump that formed in the base of his throat. He sat down in front of his computer and brought his hands shakily up to his keyboard. I can do this Lance started to type.

Lance: Hey, I didn’t think you would actually respond to me…

Camillia: Of course, you seemed distressed. I wouldn’t leave anyone from my family alone if they needed help. So what’s up?

Lance: Well I meet my soulmate a few days ago…

Camillia: Oh I didn’t even realize that the 14th already passed!! Congrats bro! Is she as amazing as you hoped for?

Lance blinked his eyes a few times at the message he received. How can she talk to me like she never left? She still as supportive as she was when she still lived with us. Lance started to type out his next message, the one he didn’t want to type.

Lance: My soulmate isn’t a girl. It’s a boy named Keith… He’s a new kid at my school.

Lance watched as Camillia read his message and didn’t immediately start to type a response. Come on Cam, please just respond. Before Lance could fly into a full blown panic the next messaged popped up and it wasn’t what Lance expected. Lance expected her to laugh at him, or her to be happy, but that wasn’t the case.

Camillia: Lance….where are you right now? Are you still home? Or did they kick you out already? I can come get you right now if you need just tell me where you are. I’m sorry Lance I know what’s it like to be on that end of the stick.

Lance: What? No no no I’m still home. Mama and Papa haven’t done anything bad to me. In fact they are proud of me.

Lance had to wait a minute or two before Camillia responded, he could imagine what she was doing. She was probably tying her hair up in a bun and tapping her foot on the ground. She did this every time she was confused or nervous.

Camillia: What do you mean ‘proud of me’? Are they accepting now?

Lance could feel the bite in the last question. It would make since, if that were the case, after all she was exile from her family and home.

Lance: No they still aren’t accepting, and neither am I. They are proud because when I meet Keith instead of talking to him, like the Devil wanted, I punched him.

Camillia: You punched someone? And not just someone you punched your soulmate. Lance you hate violence, you wouldn’t even play violent video games. Also did you even talk to your soulmate before you decided to raise your fist to him?

Lance was racking his brain for the answers to her questions. He had answers to her questions but they weren't solid answers, they were half assed answers. Answers that he prayed were more solid.

Lance: Yes I punched my soulmate and no I didn’t even talk to him before I did. Yes I know I hate violence but I feel like this was an exception.

Camillia: This is no exception!!! You dense stop light. You PUNCHED your soulmate. You hurt the only person in the world that is a perfect matched for you. Growing up you were so happy to met your soulmate and when you finally did you hurt him?! Did you ever think about how much he may have wanted to met his soulmate? Did you ever consider that?

Lance: Yes I punched him, why is that so hard for you to grasp? And no I haven’t thought about what he wanted because I want to make myself happy, not a random stranger that thought he would have the perfect day.