communication

Lance pulled his head away from Keith, “sorry.”

Keith frowned at the boy he just kissed, “what are you apologizing? Did you not want it?”

Lance shook his head, “no no I wanted to, believe me I did. It’s just…” He trailed off, he didn’t really know how to word his feelings yet.

Keith’s mouth formed a tight line and he ran his hands through his hair. ”Just what? Look I’m not trying to pressure you to telling me about your feelings but you’re confusing me right now.”

Lance lowered his gaze, I was afraid of this . He looked back up, opening his mouth to say something, anything just please Keith somehow.

A knocked filled the room and both boys turned their attention towards the opened door.

“Hey the pizza is disappearing faster than my will to live. Wanna come get some?” Ashley leaned on the door frame, crossing her arms.

Lance shifted away from Keith, standing awakarly by the bed. “Yeah sorry.” He pulled the other boy up and walked towards Ashley, giving her a small smile as he entered the hallway.

---

Dinner was different than what Lance was anticipated, it was loud. He wasn't exactly sure what to do with himself, he had grown accustom to the uncomfortable silence that plagued his dinner table since Camillia left.

Still he pulled the shiny wooden chair out from the table and smiled as Pidge passed him a plate. Soon slices of pizza were being placed in front of him and Lance took a small bite of a piece before wolfing it down. When's the last time I ate? Gosh he couldn't remember, he knew it was lunch at school but that seemed so long ago. He continued to eat, occasionally joining in on the random conversations that were created.

After dinner Hunk,Shay and Pidge decided to go home, promising Lance to get the work he missed since Camillia told him to take the day off.

“I can skip if you want.” Keith adjusted his belt, avoiding Lances gaze.

Cute, “no I don't want you to miss any school.” In all reality Lance didn't want Keith to leave but he knew he should.

“Yeah you're right,” Keith turned to ask Hunk for a ride home before Camillia touched his shoulder.