Mistakes

Lance was curled up in his bed staring at his phone that was on his desk. Everyone was calling him Hunk, Shay, even Katie, they hadn't stopped since he ran off. He couldn't blame them, Hunk and Shay were worried where he went and Katie wanted to apologize for what she said.

Lance wanted to pick up the phone but he couldn't bring himself to move. He had been sitting on his bed since he finished dinner claiming he had homework to do.

Lance heard a knock on his door, he looked towards his door and mumbled "Come in."

The door slowly opened up and Lance glanced over and saw Anna standing in his door way. She was already wearing her pajamas and her hair was braided in her "nighttime braid" she likes the waves she gets from doing it. She had her fingers in her mouth and she had tears streaking her face.

Lance immediately sat up from the location on his bed "Anna? Is everything okay?"

She shook her head frantically and Lance motioned her over to his bed. When she reached his bed she put her arms up and Lance reached down and pulled her up on the bed.

She curled up next to Lance and he placed his arm around her and pulled her closer. Lance looked at the clocked and read the time 11:34pm.

Everyone was already asleep and Lance knew how much Anna hated waking people up. Damn it she probably saw my light on. He looked down at his shaking sister and silently sighed. Don't get Lance wrong he loved his sister and wanted to help her but he wasn't in the mood to deal with anything right now.

"Anna what's wrong?" He hugged her a bit tighter.

She didn't say anything but she curled closer to Lance.

Lance thought about what could've happened "Do you feel sick?"

She shook her head.

"Hmmmm did you have a bad dream?"

She shrugged slightly.

"Kinda?"

She shook her head yes.

Lance wanted to scream, Why is she being so difficult? He looked back down on her and placed his hand in her face and wiped her tears away.

"What was it about?"

Anna looked up at her brother and mumbled "Mamá and Papá."

Lance blinked a few times and processed what she just said. He swallowed and thought about how to respond to her. "What do you mean? Mother and Father would never hurt you."

Anna shook her head no again and grabbed Lance's shirt tighter. "That's not true."

Now Lance was straight up confused. "Anna what do you mean that's not true?"

Anna looked up at Lance "They hurt Camillia."

"They had too."

Lance felt Anna tense up then stare at Lance with anger in her eyes. "No they didn't. I don't care what their excuse was that didn't need to hurt her. Or you."

"Me?" Lance let out a nervous laugh.

"Yes you. I heard Mamá and Papá say your soulmate was a guy. They're going to hurt you too. They're going to make you leave and I don't want that." Anna fought back tears but Lance of course notice what she was trying to do.

Lance ran his hands over her hair and calmly explained the same thing he had been explaining to his siblings for a while. "They were only mean to Camilla because she was weak and wanted to be with her soulmate. They won't be mean to me because I'm not weak. I am going to fight against my soulmate."