Late night talks

Lance’s POV

Lances legs burned with every step he took, his lungs attempting to bring in enough oxygen to keep his vision clear. The air was cool, making his lungs burn ever more and his throat feel raw. He turned down another street, keeping his eyes trained on the sidewalk.

Come on Lance! You're almost there. Lance kept pushing his legs until he felt bile start to move up his throat. He swallowed it down and thought about stopping, quickly pushing the idea out of his head. I don't have time to waste.

Lance was running for a few more minutes before he skidded to a stop outside of a house. It was an older house. Two stories, painted a creamy white with a wrap around porch a tree in the yard. Lance had only been to this house a few time with Camillia but he still remember which window to looked for. Lance quietly walked into the yard, moving to the right of the house, keeping his head low. He glanced up at a window on the second floor. Rolos.

He reached down, picking up a small pebble and aimed it at the window, winding his arm back but stopping himself from actually throwing it. You dumbass, that could crack the window. Lance dropped the peddle and ran his fingers through his hair. What can I do. He became lost in thought and his fingers fell to his side's. I can call him! He fished out his phone and dialed the number, holding it up to his to ear. His eyes trained on the window, scanning for movement or any kind.

His phone rang three times before a groggy voice broke through it. “Hello?”

“Get up. I need to talk to you.” Lance attempted to hide the hatred in his voice but he knew he didn't succeed.

“Lance? What are you calling the shots now?” Lance heard a bed creak and soon the lights in the room were turned on. “Where are you?”

“Outside your window.” Lance stared up at the window, his eyes burying themselves into the glass.

“You're where now?” Lance heard footsteps from the phone and a few ticks later the window slide open, revealing an exhausted Rolo. He still held the phone up to his ears and stared at Lance, only slight confusion breaking through his expression. “Should I question why you're here?”

Lance shook his head and met Rolos eyes, “no, but I would like it if we could talk face to face.”

Rolo squinted his eyes at the tanner boy and sighed, mumbling into the phone, “be right down. Met me out front.” Rolo ended the call and the window was shut. After a few moments the light in Rolos room turned off and Lance moved towards the front of the house.

Lance leaned against the railing on Rolos porch, his heartbeat pounding in anticipation. He could feel the adrenaline start to leave his body and anxiety started to fill his veins. What am I even doing here? What can I say to him? Lance swallowed around the lump in his throat. God, I didn't think this through.

Before Lance could bolt away from Rolos house and bury himself under ground the front door opened slightly and a tall figured stepped out.

Rolo looked tired. Well scratch that, he looked drained like he had no energy to do anything. He wore loose sweatpants, a jacket that barely stayed on his shoulders and his hair looked like it was brushed through with his fingers.