Shopping and lessons

Keiths POV

Keith picked his head up off the pillow and looked at the clock, 8:12am . Keith slammed his head back down into his pillow and released a groan. It’s Saturday, why am I awake this early? Keith reached for his phone and read the messages he missed throughout the night.

Keith forced his body in a sitting position and swing his legs over his bed. He glanced at his window, where the light was barely getting through the blinds and stood up to stretch. Keith's room was decent size, the walls were painted a soft grey and he didn't have a lot of personal decorations on them yet. After Keith was done stretching he opened his door. He was immediately greeted with the smell of pancakes and voices downstairs. A small smile grew across Keith’s face and he slowly made his way down the stairs, the voices getting louder with each step.

When Keith reached the bottom of the stairs he completed the short walk down the hallway into the kitchen. As soon as he rounded the corner he came face to face with his four favorite people in the world. His mother, his father, Shiro and his boyfriend Matt.

They were all laughing about something and his mother flipped a row of pancakes.

“I was wondering why it was so noisy down here and mom thank you for not letting Shiro cook. I want to live to my graduation.” Keith laughed and Shiro put his hand over his heart.

“Keith you wound me I’m not that bad at cooking.” Shiro smiled at his brother and made his way over to the raven haired boy and gave him a hug.

“Shiro everyone in this room's knows your cooking ability isn’t the same as your flying abilities.” Matt smiled and Shiro stared at his boyfriend wided eyed.

“Matt, baby you’re suppose to support me.” Shiro pulled away from Keith.

Matt released a deep laugh and reached for his boyfriend hand. “I do support you but they’re just some things that you aren’t good at and that’s okay! We all have our flaws and things that we aren’t good at.”

Shiro pouted and placed his head on Matt’s shoulder, resulting in everyone laughing. Keith smiled and walked around the island to watch his mother put more batter in the pan. He didn’t have time to talk to his parents yesterday due to spending the day with Matt and Shiro, he felt kinda guilty but by the time the three of them came home everyone was asleep.

Keith noticed his mother looking at him and he stood closer to her, allowing her to wrap her arm around him.

She leaned down slightly and whispered in his ear, “I know you skipped school yesterday but I won’t tell your father. Once a month won’t hurt anybody.” She straightened her back and gave him a small wink.

Keith gave a small laugh and moved to his spot at the kitchen table. He gave a small wave at his dad, who was sipping his coffee and sunk down in his chair.

After a couple of minutes breakfast was served. Huge stacks of pancakes, piles of bacon, toast and fruit. It was a normal weekend breakfast but this time it felt more lively. Shiro was home, he hadn’t been able to come home due to his job but he manage to snag a short break.