Is this okay?

Lance wasn’t really sure how long the two of them sat in silence but he was enjoying their time together as long as he could. Lance kept his eyes closed and focused on the heat that radiated from Keith’s finger. Lance felt calmer the longer they sat there, he figured it was the chemicals at work but Lance really wanted to hug him. He wanted to brush the dark locks away from his face and simply memorize everything about his face. Stop it Lance, you don’t deserve him. You’ve done nothing nice to him since the day you met him.

“Lance? Are you okay?” His voice was light and concern rolled off every word.

Lance slowly lifted his head off the couch and looked towards the raven haired boy. “I’m just stressed. Nothing is going right.”

Keith squeezed his pinky tighter around Lance’s and looked at the tanner boy. “Yeah, this isn’t exactly a stress free situation I suppose.” Lance nodded in agreement and Keith stared at his face. He looked exhausted, purple surrounded his eyes and his skin didn’t glow like usual. “Lance, how much did you sleep today?”

Lance used his free hand to count the hours, but quickly put his hand down, “Um like one hour? I’m not sure, I couldn’t shut my brain down enough to sleep.”

Keith gave him a sympathetic nod, “do you think you could try to sleep? For me?”

Lance turned his head towards Keith, his eyes looking lost in thought. Lance could feel his heartbeat pick up and prayed his face didn’t turn red. He want’s me to sleep? For him? Why does he care? “Sure.” Lance stood from his seat on the couch, reluctantly dropping Keith’s finger.

Keith pulled his hand down and stared at Lance. “Where are you going?”

Lance raised his arms above his head, stretching slightly, “my bed. I can’t sleep on the couch.”

Keith nodded, his eyes falling towards the floor. Lance made his way towards the stairs and Keith closed his eyes. Should I leave? I don’t think Lance would want me to go to his b-

“What are you doing mullet? Come on.” Lance crossed his arms and waited for Keith to catch up to him, taking his time up the stairs.

Lance watched Keith out if the corner of his eyes and his legs took the familiar path to his bedroom. He looked uncomfortable, like he wasn't sure if he should be following Lance. He probably is, after all he most likely thinks that I hate him. Lance fought back a sigh as he opened his bedroom door, shutting and locking it as soon as Keith had walked in. “Welcome to mi dormitorio,” Lance gestured to his room and made his way towards his bed, sitting in the comforter.

Keith looked around the room, picking up items then placing them back down. He stared at the posters that decorated the walls. “Nice room.” Keith stopped, staring at the picture frames of Lance and his family that was on top of his desk. Keith gently picked the frame up and examined the people in the picture. “I take it this is your family?”

Lance nodded and patted the spot next to him on the bed. Keith strolled over and sat next to the tanner boy, closer than he needed and Lance started to point at the people in the photo.