Hey, I'm Lance

Lance woke up with sweat decorating his forehead and his lungs burning for the lack of air and he sat up, filling his lungs with short breaths. Shit, he ran his hand through his damp hair, he brought his hand down, staring at it as he shook with anxiety. He turned his head and glanced at the clock, it was just past four in the morning. Great, just what I need. He turned his head slightly and let his eyes fall on the sleeping boy next to him.

His hair was scattered all over his face, spread across the pillow, his mouth hung open slightly and his arms were snugged underneath a pillow. His breathing was soft and kinda peaceful to listen to and Lance gave a small smile at the boy.

At least he’s sleeping, he dragged his hand down his face and placed his head on his knees. He focused all of his attention on his breathing and waited patiently for the pain to subside. After about ten minutes he finally pulled his head off his knees. He smoothed his hair back and leaned down to give Keith a quick kiss on the head before carefully climbing over him, his feet landing softly on the fluffy carpet.

Keith didn’t move at all and Lance nearly sighed with relief and he slowly crept out of the room, gently shutting the door before releasing the breath he was unconsciously holding. Okay Keith is still asleep, that’s good, he slowly slide his hand across the wall, feeling for the light switch that was not far from his door before hitting it with his index finger. He quickly flipped the switch and tiptoed down the stairs, switching off the light when he reached the bottom. He entered the kitchen, grabbing a quick glass of water before finding home of the leather couch, man I practically live on this thing. He laughed silently at his own joke and placed his cup on the coffee table, a frown slowly falling on his face.

I can’t do this, he grabbed at the short strands of his hair and fell forward slightly, he felt his heart rate begin to increase and he swallowed around the dryness that started to consume his throat. I’m not ready for this, this is all moving too fast. He slide his hand down the back of his head and sat up straight when he heard footsteps slowly emerged from somewhere in the house.

Lance rechecked the clock and scowled slightly, who would be up at this hour? He prayed that whoever was up was simply going to the restroom and heading back to bed but he quickly discovered that it wasn’t going to be that easy. It better not be Keith, that boy needs his rest. The footsteps began to get louder but they didn’t sound like they were coming from upstairs. In fact the sounded underneath Lance and the sound slowly got louder as the owner of the steps slowly made their way towards the living room.

A slight hummed filled the room and soon a taller figured opened a door that Lance had never even noticed and Ashley emerged from there, her hair tied up in a messy ponytail and her skin glistening with sweat. She continued humming her song, gently closing the door behind her before locking her eyes with Lance, a confused smile growing on her face. “Morning, you’re up early.” She took a few steps towards the tanner boy, grabbing the towel around her neck to wipe her forehead.

Lance gave her a stare, “I could say the same thing about you,” he took a gulp of his water.