Adjustments

Lance couldn't tell how long he had been crying. His eyes burning from the water that no longer fell due to none being left. He couldn't tell how long fingers ran through his hair, whispering words he couldn't understand through the screams that filled his head at his decision. He couldn't tell how long he laid on the couch, his face buried in a pillow while a female voice gently filled the background. Footsteps moved around the room, stopping by the crying boy and moving away after mumbling words to the person touching Lance.

Lance hugged the pillow tighter, his head throbbing and his throat pulsing in pain from his screams. He could tell someone's was kneeling in front of him, their hand rubbing his shoulder lightly.

“How long has he been crying?” Her voice was gentle, her question aimed at the person running their finger in Lance's short brown locks.

“A few hours now.” It was a male, they sounded exhausted, their voice cracking on the few words spoken.

A small hum filled the room and the hand on his shoulder moved towards Lance's hand, which was clutching onto the pillow for dear life. “Lance…..please look at me.”

He shook his head, I can't let them see me like this. I can't be weak.

“Lance, it's okay to cry but you need to talk to us.” The fingers in his hair stopped, resting on his scalp.

Lance slowly turned his head side way, his blue eyes meeting carmel brown ones. He didn't say anything, only closing his eyes when soft finger wiped the tears off his cheek. “Do you need anything?”

He shook his head, he couldn't think past the pulsing pain in his head.

The soft eye looked up, staring at another person in the room. “Ash can you get a glass of water please.”

A small grunt fill the room and Lance listened to footsteps slowly disappear. “Lance I know this is hard right now, but trust me when I say that it will pass. You have support, you will get through this.” Small circles were being rubbed into Lance's tan skin as he stared at the female before him.

Lance wanted to talk, he wanted to say something, anything really. Yet when he opened his mouth a glass of water was placed in front of him. The women gently grabbed the glass, holding it by his head. “Keith can you please sit him up? We don't want him to spill it.”

“Yeah, come on Lance,” hands slowly propped Lance up, despite his protest and a cup of ice cold water was put in his hand.

He stared at the water, every fiber in his body was telling him to drink the cool liquid. Everything was telling him to take care of  himself but he couldn't bring the cup to his lips. Instead he opted to look around the unfamiliar room he was in and bad been in for the past two hours or so. The walls were painted a nice cream white, complementing the light brown wooden floor. The room was spacious and neat, one large white leather couch was placed in the room, facing a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, a small black coffee table in front of that. Two black chairs were placed around the table and three windows decorated one wall, letting the colors of the setting sun into the room. Painting covered the walls, along with pictures of people and animals. It was nice, even though everything was unfamiliar Lance felt home.