Afterwords

A Few Months Later

“Can you believe that Hunk and Shay are getting married today!?” Pidge bounced in the backseat of the car, Lance rolling his eyes at the younger person.

“I don’t know if this is rude to say but we graduated a week ago, shouldn’t they wait a little bit?” Keith asked, his eyes scanning the road ahead of them, silently questioning why they were driving through the woods.

Lance shrugged his shoulder, “they’ve been dating for years, I don’t think it really matters,” he chuckled and turned down a dirt road.

Everyone nodded and Pidge screamed slightly when they saw the location where the wedding would take place. It was in a small opening in the woods, rocks and branches decorated with flowers and anything that nature could offer. “It’s so cute!” Pidge squealed and jumped out of the car, their white suit reflecting the warm sunlight.

Lance watched his friend run and reached for Keith’s hand, “you ready baby?”

Keith squeezed his hand back, “yes, this is going to be so cute.”

Lance nodded, his eyes already feeling wetter, “I’m not going to cry.”

Lance ended up crying as soon as Shay began to walk down the aisle, her gown flowing behind her as she walked slowly towards her soulmate.  Her eyes twinkled with tears and Hunk wasn’t doing much better, he was bent over at his waist, tears falling down his face as he attempted to quickly compose himself.

Lance patted his best friend’s shoulder and turned slightly to look at Keith who was standing right behind him, he intertwined their pinkies and grinned. This was perfect.

---

“I got in,” Keith’s voice was soft and Lance barely heard him from where he sat in Keith’s bedroom.

“What? Got into what?” Lance put his phone on the red sheets and his eyes only on his boyfriend.

“The Garrison, I got accepted into the Garrison!” Keith jumped up and down a few times, reminding Lance of a little kid, and he jumped up from the bed, his arms wrapping around the other boy.

“No way! This is incredible!”