Take your time

“Lance, get up.” Lance felt someone's hand shake his arm and he groaned in response.

“What?” He covered his eyes with his arm and he felt the same hands grab his shirt.

“Sorry about this,” he was dragged off the couch and he fell hard on his stomach.

“What the hell?!” He raised his head off the floor, ready to bitch slap the person who disturbed his nap before stopping when he realized who did it.

Red hair filled his vision and he attempted to crab crawl away from the girl who was three inches away from his face.

“Ahhhh, why?” Lance gripped at his chest, his heart pounding out of his chest, staring at Ashley with wide eyes.

She shrugged slightly, “I didn't think I would scare you that bad,” she placed her hands on her knees and pushed herself up.

Lance thought about mocking her but held his tongue as he thought about how she might react and pushed himself up. He brushed off his clothes, ignoring the small laugh from the older girl.

“I hope you enjoyed your nap,” Ashley smiled at the tanner boy and ran her hand through her hair.

Lance nodded sleepily, running his fingers through his hair before shaking his head. “Yeah, it was nice but,” he looked around the room, his eyes scanning for the person he was missing, “where's Keith?”

“Kitchen,with Cam. They’re cooking dinner, I think.” She shrugged and headed towards the kitchen, “you coming?” She tilted her head towards the door and Lance nodded.

“I guess I could eat.” He slowly made his way towards the door. He pushed the door opened and his eyes widened at what he saw.

Keith stood by the stove with a an apron tied around him while Camillia cut up veggies on the counter. He immediately filled his nose with the smell of chicken and fresh bread.

“Is that arroz con pollo?!” He walked a few more feet into the kitchen, stopping by his sister, his eyes trained on the knife as she slashed through a cucumber briskly.

Camillia nodded, giving her brother a smile. “I even made homemade bread, Keith told me he was craving it.” She wiped her hand on her ‘Let Me Cook’ apron and turned to tell Ashley something.