I'm sorry

Lance lost track of time the longer he sat on the floor. He knew that Hunk and Pidge had joined the three of them and he knew that they were talking to him but their voices were muffled. It felt as though he was listening to his friends talk underwater. Their voices morphing together, Lance not being able to decipher who was talking. His throat felt tight and his lungs burned, was he breathing? Lance didn’t know yet he figured he wasn't when his vision started to cloud over. But did Lance know about anything?  Was he actually safe from Rolo? Was he actually in love with Keith? Was he actually doing what he wanted?

“Lance! You need to breath!” Hunk shook his fiend a few times, hoping to bring him back to reality, panicking when it failed. Lance attempted to look at the person who shook him, his eyes failing him. What did they say? He blinked his eyes, ignoring the pain that consumed his lungs.

“What are we supposed to do?!” Hunk looked at his friends desperately, his eyes falling on Keith.

Keith swallowed, slowly falling down on his knees next Lance, taking his hands in his. Keith had no idea what he was really doing but he followed his instincts and started to rub small circles on the back of Lance’s palms. “Shhh Lance it’s going to be okay, you just need to breath for us.” He placed his forehead on the tanners boys, letting the heat flow between the two of them.

Who is this? Lance focused on the heat that touched his body, letting it ground him. He heard a voice talking to him but he couldn't out a name to it just yet. I have to breath , he filled his lungs with air, falling into a fit of coughs as his lungs stuttered with the new oxygen.

He coughed a few more times, blinking rapidly as his vision slowly cleared up, letting him see Keith's face perfectly. He looked worried and slightly stressed, Lance wanted to kiss the worry marks off his face but held himself back when Hunk started babbling about him being okay or something like that.

“I thought you were going to die! I didn't know what I would do if you died!”

“Relaxe Hunk, he wasn't going to die.” Pidge crossed their arms as they kneeled down next to Lance, watching the shakes slowly leave their body. “Lance, I’m so sorry for what happened, I didn’t realize that I deleted the entire folder instead of just the picture. I’m so sorry for this.” They hung their head low and Lance patted their hand.

“How could I be upset with you Pidge? You deleted the picture, so what if all the others pictures were deleted with it. You got rid of the most important one.” Lance gave his friend a small smile and started to pull himself up, taking Keith’s hand to help him the rest of the way.

He mumbled a small thanks to the raven haired boy and looked at his friends, shaking his arms out. I’m still alive, I’m not dead. His hand slowly traveled up to his neck of his shirt where Rolo grabbed him and he swallowed slightly. I’m not hurt either, I’m still okay. He looked at the ground, but what did Rolo mean when he said I would regret it? He has no power over me.

“Lance,” Shay gently touched his shoulder, pulling him out of his thoughts, “are you okay?”

Lance nodded, “yeah I’m okay. Sorry he just gave me a fright for a second.” He cracked a smile at all of his friends. “I seriously can’t thank you all enough for doing this for me. I know it didn’t turn out perfect but Rolo has no power over me, I don’t have to listen to him anymore.” Relief flooded his veins and he couldn’t help but smile.