Chapter 9 Sisters for Life

Nikki POV

I'm sitting at my desk, messing on my computer when Inez runs in with red, puffy eyes. I jump up and and she rushes into my arms.

"Whats wrong?" I ask. She pulls away and takes a deep breath.

"Theo, his great grandfather is the Alpha of the Blood Star Pack. Well, you knew that. Anyway, he said the because Theo's father is too old, he should take over. Meaning I'll be Luna of our worst enemy." she says. The Blood Star Pack has always been weaker than us but they also never liked us. They always cause problems with us.

"Its okay, we can do something about this." I say. She shakes her head just as Jason and Eric walk in behind her but she doesn't notice.

"And when you become Luna of our pack what will we do than?" she asks. I look at Jason and Eric.

"I'll reject. We're sisters of life." I say. She smiles and hugs me tightly. "Even if it means rejecting my mates."

"No, you can't do that. They love you and you love them." she says. I sit down and sigh.

"But I love you more. You've always been there for me when I needed you. I can't let some stupid conflict rip us apart." I say. She smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Thats my little sis." she says playfuly pinching my cheek. "But now lets go for a run. I need to relax." I nod and we climb out the window. I know Jason and Eric won't accept me rejecting them but Inez is more important. We walk to the forest and shift, starting our run. 

"Hey, lets go find Baxter. Maybe he'll join us." she links. I nod and sniff for his sent. Baxter is our life long best friend. He has a male mate but thats fine. 

"I got it, lets go." I say. We sprint towards his sent and find him at Silver River with his mate Stan. They jump when they see us but smile.

"Hey girls. What ya doing out here so early?" Stan asks. Both of them are such sweethearts and are always there when you need them.

"We've got a problem." I say sitting down. We didn't shift back because we don't really want to sit here naked.

"Whats wrong?" Baxter asks. I look at Inez who nods. "Something serious I'm guessing."

"Theo should take over the Blood Star Pack and Inez should be the Luna." I say and they're jaws drop.

"Are you kidding?! Thats not right! And I though Theo's a Beta, why should he become Alpha?" Stan asks. 

"When the last Alpha's were killed in a rouge attack they're council picked his great grandfather as new Alpha. Which means officially Theo is an Alpha but only by name, not by blood." Inez says. I get a smell in my nose and I know what it is.

"I'll be right back, gotta......I'm gonna say use the bathroom." I say. They nod and I trot away. Then I see them, Jason and Eric shifted and looking pretty mad.

"Your sister is mated with the upcoming Alpha of the Blood Star Pack!" Eric raises his voice. I'm not gonna back down to them, even though they are taller and stronger than me.

"Yes, but you two know for a fact that we can't just pick our mates!" I say. Eric bares his teeth and lets out a low growl. Its not a really good idea to talk back to your mate.

"You dare talk to us in that tone mate!" he yells stepping towards me but Jason stops him.

"You know what?! The others were right! You don't love me, I'm just your sex toy! The word mate means shit to you!" I yell before letting out a loud roar. Baxter, Stan and Inez run up behind me.

"Nikki, please don't do this." Inez says. I look to her than back to Jason and Eric.

"No." I whisper. "I, Nicole Crystal Moor, reject you Jason and Eric Geirsee as mates!" I yell. They give me a shocked look but I don't care. I turn and walk away. Away from the boys I love. Away from my problems and fears, the only thing I can do best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, you hate me but everything will be okay, maybe.....probably not.

Nikki :)