Chapter 10 I Can't Love Anybody Like I Love You

Jason POV

I can't believe Nicole rejected us. I just can't. After she left we walked back home and I locked myself in my room the rest of the day and night. I can't look at Eric, or my parents. My heart is broken and I can't face the look in everybody's eyes. A knock on my door snaps me from my thoughts.

"Sweetheart? Can I come in?" my mom asks. I sigh and climb out of bed, dragging my feet to open the door. "Honey, you look terrible." she says. I nod and walk back to bed. "What's wrong with you and your brother? He's really mad and won't talk to me or your father." 

"Our mate rejected us. All because Eric freaked out and treated her like shit. I treated her right mom, you know I respect women!" I say. She frowns but pulls me in for a hug.

"I know it can be hard, I wasn't so sure about your father when we were your age." she says. My parents have the fucking fairy tale romance. I can't really think of them fighting or stuff like that. "There was a time when I thought it would never work out. But we have two wonderful sons." she says.

"Thanks mom but that doesn't really help me. I can never be with my mate." I say. She shakes her head and rest her hands on my shoulders.

"She can still accept you two if she wants to. She just needs Alphas permission." she says. Alpha so my father. I nod and she kisses my forehead. "Just try and talk to her without Eric." I nod and she leaves. She's right, I gotta do something. I jump up and rush to my bathroom, yes. I have my own bathroom. I take a quick shower and pull some fresh clothes on before running through the mansion and to the door. I run to Nicole's house and stop at the door. I knock and she opens the door but rolls her eyes and tries to close it again but I stop her.

"Please, lets just talk. Eric's not here." I say. She sighs and lets me in. We walk to the living room and sit down.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asks sitting back. I start to get nervous and my mouth gets dry. "Jason? Speak!" 

"I wanted to apologize for what happened." I say. She shakes her head and leans towards me.

"I don't think you understand what rejected means!" she yells. I look down and hold back the tears. "I'm sorry." she says standing up.

"No please, I can't.......love anybody like I love you. I know you hate me and my brother but don't give up on us yet." I beg. She sighs and looks out the window at the pouring rain. 

"Just give me time, I need to think about all of this." she says. I nod and stand up. "I'll let you know when I wanna talk." she says. I nod and she walks me to the door.

"Bye Nicole." I say. 

"Bye Jason." she says before closing the door. I rush to the woods and shift than I run around like a looney. I got a chance. I might get my mate back!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I don't think I'm gonna get them all back together fast but I'm pretty sure they'll get back together or else my sis is gonna kick my ass.

Nikki :)