SO CLOSE YET SO FAR AWAY

Alright I thought. The prophecy said to head west so I'll start in California. I teleported to an alley where no one would see me. I walked out to the street to see it empty. Great there was no one in sight. I mean it's California how can there be no one around.

Great Gaia. I hate siblings. I mean I really do they just ruin your life. I just stood there until I realized that I should look at the old camp Jupiter to see if I can find any clues.

As I was walking through the old camp I heard a baby crying. My only thought was Rose. I ran as fast as my feet would carry me. I ran into the colosseum to find my daughter crawling on the ground and laughing.

Then Gaia appeared between me and my daughter. "Well little brother how was your trip down here" she asked. "How dare you take my little girl" I spat. "Actually how did you even get in the camp barrier" I growled. You see little brother I have more than one spy" she said.

"Since you won't be leaving here alive I might as well tell you who the spy is" she said happily. "You see you thought you could trust that little Dakota boy" she said evily. I couldn't believe it that little piece of crap lied to me and everyone else at camp.

"So you had him take my girl and bring her here" I asked angrily. I knew one thing. After I got out of here with my little girl I was going to kill him painfully and slowly. I ran at full speed and threw a knife at Gaia to keep her out of my way.

I got about two feet from Rose before she was consumed by a hunk of rock. I turned and looked my sister strait in the eyes. "You killed her" I screamed. "No little brother I did not kill her" she said. "I sent her to Mount Othrys" she said with her ugly grin.

"Meet you there brother" she growled before vanishing from a hunk of rock.