Chapter 5

"The mist-shrouded cape..." Jae-ha murmured to himself. I dropped out of his arms and studied it thoughtfully. Fear was already pulsing through me, making me want to laugh it off, say the pirates are boring and leave. Captain Gigan was right. This would prove myself.

"This is your last chance to pull out" Jae-ha said. I took a deep breath, dropping my bag at his feet.

"Can you take care of this? Thanks" I said, without waiting for his response.

"Hmm... Well, the path starts over there. You don't want me to come with you?" He asked.

"Captain Gigan said on my own. So I'm going alone" I said, shrugging.

A gust of wind snapped across the area, sending my cape and hair fluttering in the wind. My expression darkened considerably. Strong wind, meant large waves.

"It's not too late to pull out" Jae-ha said, obviously worried about me.

"Your adorable" I smirked, poking his nose. He blinked in surprise. My mind flashed back to when I had been in Hak's arms, and poked him in the nose to reassure him. He'd had that exact same expression, and I found my self smiling sadly. Jae-ha blinked down at me.

"What sought of person do you think I am?" I smirked, turning around and striding forward.

I strode down to the path and found Jae-ha standing on the cliff to watch, with my bag at his feet.

The path was a lot smaller then I had expected. That's why should would have sent me. She was killing 2 birds with one stone. Another gust of wind spiraled through the air, but I gritted my teeth, waited for the gust to be over and stepped onto the path.

I could walk normally here, but as I came out of the little ditch and out into the open, it began to shorten. I pressed my self against the wall, inching forward step by step. I was trembling badly, my breath ragged and sweating profusely. Once I was out of sight from Jae-ha, I stopped walking and took a deep shaky breath, before head butting the wall.

"I'm fine, everything is fine" I muttered to my self. I forced my self forward. Step, after step, after step. 

I could feel my steps becoming quicker, more desperate. I stopped my self once again. I need to calm down. I pressed both hands against the wall, imagining if someone else was in this situation. They would be as scared as I am, but am I being a coward? It's too late to turn back now, I'm closer to the senjuso, but I just want to get out of here. As far away as possible from the cliff.

I forced my self forward, taking small steps as I saw the cave come into view. I forced my self to stay calm and not lunge forward. Other why's I would fall...

I unintentionally looking over my shoulder and down. The drop was huge! I clenched my fists, turning straight back to the wall. I forced my eyes open, staring at the wall as I continued forward, not letting my self look down. I eventually reached a platform, where the tree roots stretched out. There was a small door, covered with vines.

This must be the cave Gigan was talking about!

"Thank goodness" I sighed, brushing aside the vines and stepping in side. A beautiful herb was scattered across the ground, and I picked up a large bunch of it, seeing how injured the pirates had been. I would need a lot. I stuffed the bag to the brim and poked my head out, checking the weather. A wave surged up and I threw my self back in side.

"Azumi!" I heard Jae-ha yell.

"I'm here!" I yelled back.

I poked my head back out to find another wave come up. This time I got soaked, the plants not closing quick enough. I sat there, my mood instantly dampened (Pun intended) and dripping wet. I grumbled insults at everything that lived as I noticed the waves had calmed down ever so slightly. This is my chance! I stepped out and hurried across the path way, making sure to keep my foot work straight.