Chapter 12

There was a general chorus of screams, and the shaking of boats, as the battle pursued.

I stood beside Gigan, watching the carnage unfold as guards and mercenaries alike fought against the pirates and the travelers. They didn't stand a chance against the dragons or the thunder beast. It was quite pathetic. The mercenaries had more of a chance, but it was still slim.

"If you can fight, then you should" Gigan said.

"I could say the same to you" I said as we stepped up to the veranda, watching Hak, Kija, Jae-ha and Shin-ha battle on the deck below us. Kija and Hak where arguing, while Shin-ha was looking for the firework.

Gigan suddenly threw her blades, and they pinned the last guard to the ground in front of a shocked Hak and Kija. The three of them turned to looked up at us, surprised.

"Is that enough to convince you?" Gigan asked me.

"Not at all" I smirked, dropping over the fence.

"My dear, you shouldn't-" Jae-ha began. There was a slight whistling and I glanced at Shin-ha.

"That was the firework. Go, Jae-ha, Shin-ha. We will catch up with you" I said as I stepped up beside Hak.

The thee dragons where obviously hesitating, not wanting to leave me to battle. Except Hak, he was grinning.

"will you be able to keep up with me?" Hak asked.

"The question is, will you be able to keep up with me?" I asked, bored as I caught an arrow with my bare hands. I slid past Jae-ha as I pushed him toward's Shin-ha, then threw one of Jae-ha's blades. The archer dropped his bow with a cry of surprise.

"Go already, Yona needs you more then I do" I said, jumping to the next boat.

I unsheathed my blades mid air and as I descended, and all hell broke. I flew through the crowd, all of them standing there for a second, then dropped, mortally injured.

Jae-ha grinned, picking up shin-ha and they jumped away.

"Wow, your actually pretty skilled" Hak said, catching a blow.

"I wouldn't have been a body guard if I couldn't fight" I said, dodging a person, before kicking him flat in the jaw. The guard dropped onto the deck.

Hak, Kija and I surged forward, bringing down men in numbers at a time. We where an unstoppable forced. The two would continue to glance over at me, but I would disappear for seconds at time, before groups of men fell. There was nothing to worry about.

Even when stabbed straight in the stomach, I continued, gritting my teeth. If I was going to break King Il's promise, then I was going to make the most of it. But I was never going to kill anyone, without Gigan's orders or not.

I charged forward, ignoring the flaring pain, shooting up my stomach. We had already defeated 2 of the 7 boats, and you could see Jae-ha fluttering around. Princess Yona and Yoon will be safe...

"Oi, short stack!" A mercenary.

I turned my glare to him and he stopped dead.

"You've got quit the glare. Kum-ji will like you, come with me and we'll save you from that injury" he said.

"What is he talking about?" Kija called.

The mercenary walked over, grinning. He snatched up my chin, looking down at me.

"Or maybe I can keep you for my self" he smirked.

I kneed him straight in the balls and he collapsed at my feet. I kicked him straight in the face, he collapsed against the floor, wincing in pain as he cradled his head.