200k special!?

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit-

To all readers new and old, thank you so very much. Never did I think that this story would reach 200k, let alone 100k. I feel like something big needs to happen now that I've reached such a milestone, so, after a couple of years of mulling over my old work and getting encouragement from my readers, I decided to rewrite this story and now am ready to publish it.

In this rewritten version, I have (in my opinion) improved my writing style and worked hard on adding some depth to the character's relationships. Also, there is more to Azumi's character than just an abusive background and a life full of smirking. Reading through my old book all she did was smirk and although she's a little grumpier now, she has more depth to her character. There were a couple of comments on how people thought Hak and Azumi were dating (fun fact that was my plan at first) but I just love Jae-ha too much and ended up completely scrapping my plan for Hak. In this new book, I've highlighted the sibling relationship between them and the difference between Jae-ha and Hak's relationship with Azumi. Also, I gave some background and depth into Azumi's relationship with smaller characters such as Mundok, Lili, and Princes Tao. Instead of just conveniently knowing everyone because King Il asked her to do so, she has a proper connection with these people which affects the story. I also worked on a couple of mistakes or loopholes from this book as best as I can (*cough cough* The shitty arcs I made when I caught up to the manga *cough cough*), going through the book to look at all of the constructive criticism you guys have provided and applying it.

A reader (I would give credit but I deleted that chapter, sorry! You know who you are!) suggested I published the new book as a separate story so that you can compare the two books, I have done so accordingly so if you would please check out that would be greatly appreciated. There was also a reader who suggested that instead of re-writing the book, I just go through Jae-ha and Azumi's growing relationship during the pirates. I genuinely tried to write that, but I only got 7 chapters in so I just included the one-shot-like material in this book.

I will also be publishing weekly instead of daily for a few reasons, the first being that I'm in year 12 and online classes are going to start soon for me and the second is that the chapters are twice as long so there are fewer chapters. I'm also not almost finished writing it like last time, so I want to publish them slowly while I write more of the chapters further ahead.

Thank you all so much, you have given me the confidence to write and share my books and continue to inspire me to improve my writing.

With lots of love,

MatriarchMage ❤️