Chapter 60

"D-Daigo..." I whispered, tears welling in my eyes.

"I missed you!" He gasped, rising to his feet.

"I don't know you!" I cried, my face dropping into shadows. He stopped dead, blinking at me.

"Master? Is something wrong?" A guard called from outside.

"Nothing's wrong!" Daigo called.

"How did you get inside?" Daigo hissed, turning to me. I drew my sword, trembling and muttering under my breath. No... Not again...

"Please Azumi, calm down. It's just me" he said, stepping forward. I stepped toward's the window. He rushed forward but before he could blink I was out the window and running down the hallways.

"Get her!" Daigo yelled in the background. I continued to run, glancing over my shoulder. They where catching up fast.

"This stupid dress!" I hissed under my breath. I skidded around a corner and ran head first into someone. I cried out, stumbling away, tears in my eyes and my eyes wide. I looked up, my eyes meeting with Jae-ha's and both our eyes widened at the sight of eachother.

"Azumi? Are you okay?" He asked, looking me up and down. He stopped dead when he saw my hand.

"There she is!" A guard called. I pressed my lips together, turning to run. Jae-ha caught me, throwing me inside a wardrobe. He jumped in after me, shutting the door. We where chest to chest, Jae-ha towering over me as the guards ran past, splitting up. It was silent until they disappeared.

"Azumi, explain yourself" Jae-ha whispered, almost coldly as he snatched up my jaw, forcing me to looking up at him. I pressed my lips hard against each other and refused to meet gaze with him, tears collecting at the corner of my eyes.

"Azumi" Jae-ha hissed and brought my eyes to his. Everything seemed to fade around us. Jae-ha was almost in tears himself. He was in shock at what he just found.

"I-I" I croaked, but faltered, looking away almost guiltily. He snatched up my left wrist, bringing it up so he could study it.

"When did this happen?" He asked, his voice cracking slightly. I didn't respond, just kept silent.

"Find her! We can't lose her!" I heard Daigo scream. I grabbed my hair, crumbling slightly as tears began to pour down my cheeks. Jae-ha caught me, pulling me tightly against his chest. We stayed like that for ages, time seeming to slow as I sobbed into Jae-ha's chest. I eventually ran out of tears and stared at the closet door with blank eyes. Jae-ha suddenly leaned down to my ear, his lips brushing against my ear.

"You're explaining yourself when you get the chance" Jae-ha whispered.  I pressed my lips together, but nodded. He turned my face to his and he chuckled when he saw my expression.

"I can't kiss you when your like that, can I?" He asked.

"Eh?" I asked, my cheeks flushing. Before I could blink, I felt him pressing himself against me, kissing my roughly. My eyes widened as he grabbed me around my waist and held me against him.

"You know, you've never kissed me back" He whispered, leaning back slightly but our lips still brushing.

"T-That's because... I... Well..." I muttered, getting flustered. He chuckled, interrupting me once again with a kiss.

"You don't know how to kiss, do you?" He smirked, suddenly stepping back. I felt my self shivering slightly, and only just realized how warm he was.

"By the way, that dress suits you" He smirked, winking as he stepped out of the closet and disappeared, shutting the door after him. I stood there for a couple minutes, staring where he had just disappeared. I began to laugh in disbelief, sliding down the back wall and hugging my legs to my chest. What was this feeling...