Chapter 47

I sighed, looking at Kija and Jaeha, who's heads where both on my lap. Yoon had insisted, since Zeno was leaning against him, Shin-ha as well. Not long ago, everyone had departed. 

I gripped my fists, staring at the sky. For some reason, I was thinking back to King Il. The more I thought about it, the more I realized Zeno was correct. My promise to King Il had become a burden, a way of life. I felt free, but guilty.

"Azumi?" Yoon asked. I opened an eye, looking down and blinking at Yoon.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"The Thunder beast will protect her, protect them" Yoon said. I smirked to him, nodding my head once.

"I believe in them, completely" I hummed, shutting my eye again and enjoying the wind. Yoon didn't respond, and I could feel him watching me.

"Is something the matter?" I asked.

"N-No, not at all" he croaked awkwardly. I chuckled.

"You're such a tsundere" I smirked, opening an eye to watch him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He complained.

"I don't know" I hummed, shrugging and studying in front of me. Yoon just scowled at me suspiciously.

"Hmm... We're being watched" I hummed.

"W-What?" Yoon asked, looking around nervously.

"But I feel no blood lust" I said, dropping my head back and meeting eyes with a villager.

"S-She noticed!" The women squeaked, throwing her self behind the tree once again. I chuckled, patting the spot beside me.

"Please, we are no longer on opposite sides. Come sit down" I offered.

"Azumi-" Yoon began.

"It's fine. They where just confused. Let us help them clear their doubt" I chuckled to him. The villagers came and hesitantly sat with us, studying me nervously. They knew I was the biggest threat.

"I am sorry we had to meet under these circumstances. It's a shame, because you look like such kind people" I smiled. They didn't respond, too nervous.

"Tell me, what is life like in Xing?" I smiled, cocking my head slightly. A man spoke and quickly they began to relax, talking with me freely, as they knew I was not in any way trying to threaten them. The whole time Yoon watched me with awe.

A general then came over, telling us that the meeting was finished and we could go over. He helped us over, the villagers too and came up to the encampment. We arrived as Soo-won as leaving. Soo-won and I met eyes. He smiled ever so slightly. I smiled to him, bowing. And as I rose, I saw him smile a little more cheerfully as he rode away.

"Azumi!" A heard a familiar voice screech. I had barely enough time to look to my right before I was completely floored by Han-dae. Everyone looked over, amused as we landed hard on the ground, Han-dae sobbing as he hugged me tightly.

"Why didn't you come sooner!?" He sobbed.

"Han-dae, you big baby! That hurt!" I complained, but hugged him tightly. 

"Your both immature" Tae-woo scolded as I dragged Han-dae to his feet.

"Oh come on, general. Loosen up, isn't it the way of the wind tribe?" I grinned, pulling him into a hug.

"Hey now!" He complained, but still hugged me.

"Since when where you so close to these two?" Hak asked, towering over me.

"Why would you care?" I grinned mischievously, turning to him.

"It's extremely worrying. Grandpa might be plotting against me" Hak said, his frown deepening.