Chapter 39

"This is Princess Tao's private residence" Vold explained as we stepped up into the luxurious mansion.

So much nostalgia...

I heard the others talking, but my attention was squarely on the cat that was slowly approaching us.

"Oh my! Algira! Vold! Are these your friends?" Princess Tao smiled, surrounded in cats.

The cat that was studying our group then turned to me and instantly pounced. I flinched, thinking it was going to attack me, but instead it curled up in a ball at me feet and began purring.

"You're REALLY good with cats" Jae-ha muttered.

I didn't answer, absolutely bewildered. Slowly, I lifted up the cat, cradling it in my arms so it leaned against my shoulder. It cuddled against me, purring even louder.

"I'm telling you that these are the four monsters of Kouka" I heard Vold say, as if he was repeating something. I glanced up to find Princess Tao begin to freak out.

"Ehhhhh!? Your not lying?" She gasped, rising and staring at Algira.

"Have I ever lied to you?" He asked. 

Yes. 

I almost answered out loud. 

Oops.

"No, never! I'm sorry! But this unbelievable!" She cried.

"I did say that I wanted to meet them, but I never thought you would actually bring them..." Princess Tao sweat dropped.

"It's fine, you should just say what you want to say to them since we brought them here anyway" Algira said.

I felt something brush against my legs and I glanced to find 2 cats now circling my legs.

"Eh?" I asked quietly, but it was enough to grab the attention of most of my group.

"Since when?" Hak asked me.

"I have no idea..." I said quietly, sweat dropping and not wanting to interrupt the important conversation. Ao now jumped onto my head, throwing an acorn at the cat.

"Is he... Jealous...?" I muttered under my breath, absolutely stunned.

"Since when where you such an animal whisperer?" Jae-ha smirked.

"I have no idea!" I gasped, still keeping quiet as I studied the cats all looking over at me in interest.

"Oh no..." I muttered as a mischievous glint flickered through all the cat's eyes at the same time.

I stood on the small veranda as most of the cats began to crawl toward's me. I honestly felt scared, because they where stalking. So I completely zoned out of the conversation around me. I barely heard them talking about food when the cats all pounced at once.

I yelped in surprise as I was pushed backwards off the small platform, having been backing away from the cats. Everyone glanced over as I waved my arms and fell backwards into the pond, the cats jumping in after me.

"That sounds like..." I heard Vold muttered as everyone came up to the balcony, looking down at me.

My hood had dropped off, and I was surrounded by loud cats.

"Curse you!" I scolded them, but they just nuzzled me.

"Azumi...?" Princess Tao asked. I looked up, blinking at her.

Right there and then, Princess Tao and Algira almost cried, even Vold was almost brought to tears.

"Sup" I said, chuckling sheepishly.