Chapter 33

"Kija, how are you feeling?" Yona asked. 

"Princess... I apologize. To stop because of me..." Kija muttered.

"You don't have to worry about that" Yona smiled.

"Yoon" Yona said, turning to him. 

"Yeah, I still haven't discovered the source of it. For now I've given him medicine to reduce the fever. Right now it seems like a normal cold" Yoon said, as Ao tried to shove an acorn in Kija's mouth.

"It'll be fine, Yona dear. Kija has the vitality of a cockroach" Jae-ha smiled.

"A cockroach!?" Kija gasped, horrified. 

"We need to make sure you don't catch it" Jae-ha continued, ignoring Kija.

I began to zone out, leaning against the back wall and staring out the window. The villager's where going on with their daily lives, but where obviously nervous with us around. And they kept on glancing toward's the border. It was obvious that the soldiers where not going to mine... What was Soo-won planning?

"Azumi?" Jae-ha called, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I glanced over, blinking.

"Are you alright, my dear?" Jae-ha chuckled. I blinked, trying to gather what was going on. Yona, Hak and Yoon had left. I smiled, seeing that it was only the four dragons left.

"I'm fine, if you'll excuse me" I smiled, bowing slightly.

"Wait, stay here" Zeno said, snatching my hand. I blinked in surprise.

"I thought..." I muttered.

"Someone needs to know" Zeno smiled. My frown deepened, but I nodded, sitting in-between Zeno and Jae-ha.

"Well then... Kija, how is your dragon arm?" Jae-ha asked.

"My dragon arm...?" Kija asked. 

"Can you put your strength into it?" Jae-ha asked.

"Well, it won't go as it normally does..." Kija muttered. 

"There has been a new born dragon in the village of Hakuryuu... You're not going to say something like that, right?" Jae-ha asked, crossing his arms. Kija's eyes widened, and I quickly caught onto what they where talking about.

Kija might... Zeno grabbed my hand, squeezing it slightly. I smiled at him, reassuring him that I was fine.

"No... That's not possible. It's not that kind of feeling..." Kija said, the air stitched with tension and seriousness. Even Zeno wasn't smiling. 

"I see. That's good" Jae-ha sighed. 

"Why did you ask so suddenly?" Kija asked.

"It's not so sudden, is it? My predecessor died when he was 27. I will soon be that age. Sooner or later, a new dragon will be born, and these powers will wither up and die. It wouldn't be that strange at all, would it?" Jae-ha said. 

"How rare... For you to bring up such things" Kija siad. 

"Really...?" Jae-ha asked. 

"It makes me feel better. When you talk about such important things" Kija smirked, rising to a sitting position. 

"Your annoying because you bring up these topics" Jae-ha deadpanned. 

"Your right. The four dragons do not live long. How ever, I am always prepared to give up my life for that person. How long I live is not something important" Kija mused. 

"That's definitely something you would say..." Jae-ha muttered.

There was suddenly a loud splash behind us, water spraying everywhere.