Chapter 51

"So this is where they're based" I sighed, shoving my hands in my pockets.

Behind me was the strongest men in the clan, who where supposed to be protecting me, along with the clan's leader. The rest of the men where already submerged within the city, and with my orders there was some waiting at the outskirts. The leader thought I was insane.

There was suddenly a long and loud screech, snapping the man from their trances. I lifted up my arm, my eyes never leaving the city as my hawk landed on my arm, fast and hard. I lowered my arm, untying the message.

It was a letter from the king, responding to my letter explaining the situation. I had told him of what was going on, and that I had already informed Mundok, but not to step in. Soo-won in return, said that if I didn't reply within the week of the safety and our success, he would be sending soldiers.  I muttered insults at him under my breath, dropping the letter in my pocket as I tied Mundok's letter to my hawk's leg and he departed once again.

"Who was that from?" The clan leader asked, stepping up beside me.

"Does it matter?" I smirked, eyeing him with an amused expression.

"Yes" He snarled, annoyed. I sighed, brushing my fringe back as I glanced to my left, finding some of the clan members moving into position.

"It was the king" I hummed. Everyone stopped dead.

"The king!?" They all cried.

"Quiet! We can't pursue the ambush if they notice us" I scolded and they went deadly silent.

"Ambush?" The leader asked.

"Surely you don't take me for a fool, I've been studying war tactics for most of my life. Last night I came in, and got their time table. Lunch time, they will come directly up this path toward's the ocean. We will intercept them, and every other fake patrol. We will wipe them out clean, if your men are strong enough" I said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Did you get any sleep...?" He muttered, shocked. I chuckled, ruffling his hair.

"Where's you're tsundere act gone? Suddenly worrying about me?" I chuckled.

"H-Hey! Don't touch me!" He snapped, but even his men where chuckling. I suddenly held up a hand and they all went silent. I then motioned for positions and they did just that. I shoved my hands in my pockets, humming to my self as I turned around.

"You need to hide!" The leader hissed. I raised an eyebrow, before smirking and winking and gesturing for the shadows. He growled, but did as he was told. The large burly men appeared and stopped dead when they saw me. I heard something being lowered and then a man creeping towards me. The clan was ready to attack.

A hand appeared hovering above my shoulder, and before he could clam down, I whirled on my toe and my other foot connected straight with his jaw. A loud crack shook through the area and the men slumped onto the ground. I turned around, blinking with my hands still in my pockets.

"Are you okay?" I asked innocently, blinking in confusion down at the man. A sword suddenly slashed across my throat and I blinked as the front of it was ripped. I chocked slightly, turning to address the men.

"Step down, kid" The leader warned.

"Me? Step down? I didn't do anything!" I gasped, pretending to be terrified as I grabbed my throat.

"We saw everything. Now drop your daggers" He growled in response. I smirked, my head dropping into shadows.

"Ah, so this is why you've been hidden for so long. I'm glad that I was injured by someone who is not a fool" I chuckled. There was a crack in the air, and to my surprise, he caught my daggers.

"The pupil of Yun-ho and Mundok, I believe" He growled. My lips curled up into a grin.

"All of my life I've been waiting for someone worthy of me. May you be the one?" I asked.

"Don't get cocky" he growled. There was a crack in the air, but I dodged him, my senses suddenly alive despite the pain flourishing from my throat. We blurred back and forth, the clang of daggers hitting daggers ricocheting through the air. We both stopped suddenly, panting as a dagger was moved to my throat. I had been ambushed.

"A single girl against us, you thought you could win?" He asked.

"No" I hummed, smiling. An arrow suddenly sprouted from the side of the man's head, and the guy holding me slumped. The leader of the clan stood in the open, bow drawn.

"You have proven your self" he told me, drawing another arrow and aiming at the leader.

"You've finally shown yourselves" The leader of the guild smirked.

"I'll leave this to you. I must go" I said.

"What?" The leader of the clan snapped at me.

"Your men, they will need help" I said. He nodded. I disappeared in a blur, bolting down the cliff of the hill. I ran a full lap, calling all the gang members to the front lines. When I appeared, there was a sea of blood. The guild was merciless. There was a crack and I had defeated 6 of the men, more then the clan had done.  I appeared, my face in shadows form my cloak in the middle of the enemy grounds.

"Azumi...!" The leader gasped at me. There was a crack and I caught a man's cleaver, struggling slightly under his strength.

"Retreat" I ordered.

"What!? But this is our chance!" He cried.

"No, there is no chance of winning. There are more men on the way. Retreat while you can" I said.

"What about you...?" He asked, horrified.

"I've always wanted to go down in battle. This is worthy, for I have finally found my equal" I said, decapitating the man in front of me with a flicker of movements.

"No!" He snapped.

"Go!" I yelled, cutting him off. His men didn't need to be told twice, they where horrified, and where now running for their lives. The leader looked heart broken, but ran after them.

"You're a fool" The leader of the guild chuckled darkly, appearing with more reinforcements.

"Shit..." I muttered under my breath. I was surrounded. There was no way I was getting out of this one.

"I've decided. We are going to have a lot of fun with you" The leader chuckled, walking closer to me. I gripped my daggers tighter, watching him warily.

"Lower your weapons, or we'll kill you now" He warned coldly.

"I'd rather die then be tortured" I snorted, twirling my daggers between my fingers in agitation.

"Who said we're going to torture you?" He smirked amusing.

"It's a given" I snorted as he snatched up my chin, studying me.

"Your too much of a beauty to kill, or torture. What's a feature you don't need..." He muttered, studying my body. My face darkened, snarling slightly.

"Her hand" He said, grabbing me around my throat and lifting me off the ground. I choked, wiggling in his grip. There was no chance. My vision began to get splotchy as I felt someone grab my hand.

"No..." I whispered, desperately. He cackled as one of his men stepped up beside, a grip live a vice snapping around my left arm.

"No!" I screamed, wriggling around hard. But there was no hope. The ground shook slightly as my scream shook across the air, silenced by the drop of my left hand on the floor, and loosing consciousness.