Chapter 14

"1 cabbage, thanks" I said, to the store owner.

He nodded, pulling out a cabbage as I shifted through the money. I glanced up and looked to the right. Yona's travelling group, now including Jae-ha, was staying an extra day to watch me. Yona apparently didn't know how to approach me.

I was now alone, and had no where to go. So I was getting ingredients. I had already decided that I was going alone.

"Only 1 cabbage this time?" The salesman asked. I smirked up to him, nodding and making him blush slightly.

"Yes, I'm about to head off on my own. I wanted to get the best produce before I left" I flattered.

"I'm glad you think so" He smirked.

"Thank you again" I smiled, taking the cabbage off him.

That was my last ingredient. It was time for me to leave.

"It's kind of odd not seeing you tease the guards" The shopkeeper thought aloud. I stopped, already interested in this conversation.

"It is, isn't it? I've gotten used to it, maybe a little too quickly" I chuckled.

"Though they haven't appeared all week when your around. Why?" He asked. I sweat dropped as I remembered how badly I had scared them.

"With no one to rule them, they won't be forced to do anything. At least, that's what I'm hoping" I chuckled, avoiding the question.

"Yes, I hope the next king chooses wisely" he sighed.

My eyes widened slightly, but I nodded smiling up at him. Soo-won... Shit. I should probably return... That bratty adviser will be annoyed with me too.

"Well, thank you again" I smiled, waving.

"Yes, let's meet again some day" he smirked.

I nodded, striding forward before cursing continually under my breath. I glanced up at the sky, noticing a familiar hawk circling around my head. What timing. I glanced left and right, noticing no one was specifically watching me, except for some certain travelers. I lifted my arm and the eagle landed on my bare arm.

My frown deepened as my suspicions where completed. Soo-won had sent his hawk. I pulled off the message, placing the hawk on my shoulder as I quickly skimmed over the letter.

Soo-won told me that my duties where no longer needed, as Kye-sook had gone ahead and gotten a 'better' bodyguard. He wanted me to visit the castle again, even though I was now completely free. I blinked at the message for a second, dazed.

I chuckled as I rolled it back up, placing it in my pocket.

"Hay, could I borrow some paper and a pen?" I asked a shopkeeper.

"Of course!" The man gasped, scrambling to get what I wanted.

I wrote back to Soo-won, saying that he should suspect a bang when I came back. Quite literally. And that I was honored that the new king would personally invite me to the castle.

I smirked, tying it back onto the eagle's leg before sending it off.

"That looked like fancy bird" The shopkeeper muttered nervously.

"Yes, it is. A hawk I believe. Thanks for the paper" I smiled, chucking a coin at him before pulling my hood over my head, shuffling the bag on my shoulder and striding forward.

~Time skip~

I had lost them, eventually. With Shin-ha watching me, it was difficult. I just ended up bolting and not stopping until that familiar presence was long gone. Then I took a right and went in the complete opposite they would expect me to go. Just to be safe.