1- New in Town

"What?? Are you kidding me mom?! Are you? Please say you are," I moaned as I stood beside my mom with my arms folded in frustration.

"No, I am not, (Y/N), now go and pack your things. We only have one day." She answered while stuffing all her clothes in a bag.

"But, mom. You didn't even ask for my opinion. That doesn't matter to you?"

She turned to me with her tired eyes that held dark rings right beneath them and sighed,"it does, (Y/N). Believe me, it does. But right now, money matters most. You know I'm trying my best to keep us alive."

I gulped hard, the reality hitting me like fierce wind cutting through my heart. It has been always like that. It has been always so hard since he left.

I nodded slowly and went to pack my things. But before I could walk any further my mom called out, " (Y/N)."

I turned back to her.

"You know I love you and I'm doing this for you, right?"

I nodded,"I know, mom. I know." With that, I headed to my room and started packing too.

Time Skip

I lay on the new bed tiredly. It took me all the effort not to close my eyes and drift into dream world already.

The new town wasn't as bad as I imagined. But I was sad to leave my hometown because I barely knew anyone there and only had two friends there. I didn't know how I was gonna make more friends in my new school now. I had... Social problems.

I shrugged that off and decided to not make any friends tomorrow at school. It's not like I needed any anyway.

I didn't even notice that I had already drifted into sleep as my heavy eyelids cut all my thoughts about tommorow.

═════════