23- Sweeter than Sweet

I opened my sleepy eyes to find Taehyung's staring at me. I blinked as I recalled what happened yesterday and realized I had fallen asleep in his arms. And I was still in his arms right now while his eyes never left my face.

"Why didn't you go back to your house, to your party??" I asked in confusion

He turned and faced the ceiling, putting the back of his hand on his forehead as he answered,"because I fell asleep too. But I don't regret it; watching you sleep soundly is better than partying with those dorks."

"Do you know how creepy watching me sleep sounds?"

Then he looked at me and knotted his eyebrows at me,"I thought it sounded romantic."

I lightly laughed at him and got up, heading to the bathroom.

"(Y/N), wait. Where are you going? You didn't get the chance to stare at me while sleeping."

I rolled my eyes at him,"and here I thought you would become a little more humble. Well, guess I was wrong."

I went to the bathroom and washed my face and all. And when I got out I found Taehyung rummaging through the food in the fridge.

"I'm hungryyyy," he moaned. "If only Jin was here."

"He can cook?"

Then Taehyung looked up from the fridge while holding a can of tuna and a box of eggs with a sausage in his mouth.

He raised his eyebrows at me and I grabbed the sausage out of his mouth and put it down so he could speak.

He chewed then said,"yeah, he does. Can you cook some breakfast?" He said as he put down the food he picked from the fridge.

"Yeah, what would you like to have?" I said as I looked down at the food he brought, thinking of the possible dish to make from eggs and tuna, not even noticing when Taehyung got closer to me and gave me a peck on the lips.

I blinked as I stared at him with my face burning as he answered,"you," with a wink.

I punched his shoulder,"seriously, you're getting creepier by the second, Tae." I sighed.

He chuckled lightly, then brought his fist to his chin as he thought deeply,"hmm, I guess some eggs would be good. Aaand I want something sweet. Maybe some cookies!" He looked at me excitedly.

"Tae, do you know how much time it takes to make them? And besides, I'm not that good at baking."

Taehyung pouted, looking down. "But I want something sweet."

Oh, my gosh! Why was he a kid??!

I nodded while I said,"okay, okay. I think there's a cupcake shop at the end of the street. How about we just have breakfast there?"

His smile brightened as he nodded at me in full agreement and pulled me towards the door.

I put on my shoes and jacket and followed the excited Taehyung who rushed to the shop.

"Hey, didn't your mother come home?" He asked on the way.

I shrugged,"maybe. But she always leaves the house early. So I guess she already left. I'm glad this is not a school day, at least."

He glanced over at me with shock,"your mom works on weekends, too?"

I nodded slowly as he looked down in mere shock.

I laughed it off lightly as we reached the cake shop and raced him towards the entrance.

Who's being the kid, now, (Y/N)??

Time Skip

Taehyung stared at the creamy cupcake childishly, not believing the site of all that frosting and colored sprinkles topping it.

I laughed at his attitude and he started eating his cupcake happily while I sipped some coffee.

He looked at me, then, his mouth full of cream. "Eat yours."

I nodded as I looked at my cupcake and ate, too.

"So, what are we gonna do after this?" Taehyung asked.

"We??" I repeated as I glared at him.

"Yeah, since it's a weekend day. How about we spend the day on our own?"

My chin leaned on my hands as I pretended to be considering it,"hmmmmm,"

"Come on, (Y/N)! Just for a day!"

"I don't know.."

But he sighed sadly and looked down at his second cupcake in sadness.

Then I laughed at him,"of course, you idiot!"

"Yah! (Y/N)! You were teasing me!"

"That's only a payback for all those times you teased me before."

We both laughed lightly, having no worry in the world as we forgot about all our problems as if they hadn't existed.

But nothing ever lasts forever...