10-Glacial

I saw him last time many years ago, since that day.

I was seven. But the memory of that cold, glacial day still haunted my thoughts and dreams ever since.

I couldn't sleep.

I just lay in my bed lazily, looking up at the wide ceiling while listening to the noise that made me stay awake.

"You don't understand, don't you??! You are the problem. Yes, you are!!"

"I don't remember that I was the one who cheated on you!!" My mother's usual soft voice was a storm that sounded more raging than the one outside.

"This is all my parents' fault. They forced me to marry you and I didnt even love you!! I've had enough of you. Don't stand in my way! I'm leaving for good. And let's see how you'll manage on your own!!"

Oh, my god. My dad was leaving the house??! Was he mad at me for eating his favorite chocolate bar that he kept in the closet?? I.. Didn't know it was his.

Or was it because I didn't listen to him when he told me to go and study??

Guilt started building up in my tiny body as I clutched to the bed sheets. And when I heard the bang of my parents' room door, I forced my self to get up.

I reached the door of my parents' room to find my mother sitting on her empty bed and weeping. I wanted to calm her but she would be mad at me for staying up late. And I had to follow my dad before he could leave.