30-Danger

My POV

Focus...

FOCUS!!!

I sighed at my failing attempts to study and focus on those physics lessons in front of me. How could I possibly focus when I kept feeling that painful tug at my chest every time I remembered the look on Taehyung's blank face when he made it clear that he probably wanted to end all of this??

Just thinking about it made it harder for me to breathe.

"(Y/N)," mom's call interrupted my tangled thoughts.

She opened the door of my room and found me sitting at my desk trying to study.

"Aren't you coming to eat? You hadn't eaten anything since you came from work today."

I sighed again, looking down at the dreadful physics book and answered plainly,"not hungry..."

She raised an eyebrow at me,"but the (Y/N) I know is always hungry. The (Y/N) I know would never open a book before exams."

Damn, she knew me better than myself.

"My appetite is gone because I'm tired and I want to use all the time I have because exams are close anyway. Even in exams, I want to keep working at the café so I will have to study now or I'll fail."

Mom pursed her lips and looked at me in worry before nodding,"okay, honey. But don't tire yourself too much. If you felt like you couldn't balance between school and work, then you should stop working for a while."

I nodded back,"okay, mom. Don't worry. I will."

"Alright, then. Study well," she said before closing the door again, leaving me alone to handle the deadly silence in my room that pushed my mind to be haunted by unwanted thoughts.

The thoughts were suddenly interrupted again by the ringing of my phone. I sighed as I picked it up and spoke,"who is this??"

"Hello, (Y/N)!!! How are you??!" A male voice said on the other end.

"Don't you understand? I said who is this??"

"Oh, sorry. I forgot you don't have my number. I'm Hoseok, remember me?? From that party?" he said a little too hopefully.

How could I forget the way he laughed at Taehyung and Yoongi? Was it?

"Yeah, I remember you."

"Yaay," he cheered like a kid while I rolled my eyes.

"But how did you get my phone number, Hoseok?" I asked. Seriously, I barely gave my phone number to anyone.

"Umm.. How? I... You know, took your phone number from a friend of yours."

"A friend." I raised my eyebrow, even though I knew that I was speaking through the phone.

"Yeah, what was her name?? Um, yeah.. Soo Jae??"

"Oh," I forgot that I did give her my number, just in case I forgot about a school homework or something.

"Oh, well. Okay. What did you want from me, anyway?"

"Well, I was thinking if you could hang out with us.. I mean- me and Jin, if you remember him, too.Tomorrow is a weekend, so why not come?"

"No," I answered without a second thought.

"Oh, come on, (Y/N). It'll be fun, I promise."