16- No More Dread

"Umm, I'm.." I couldn't find the right words. If it would've been Taehyung, it could've been easier. But it wasn't helping that I actually tried to throw myself off a bridge and was stopped by a complete stranger.

... A complete stranger who looked really handsome with amazing full lips.

Hey, get yourself together!

"I... I don't know what I was thinking. And I slipped. I didn't-"

"Hey, its alright. We all have hard times in our lives. But it doesn't mean that we should run away from them." He said with a cute smile that calmed me.

I nodded. Right, just like I ran away from my trouble that I left at home. Its name was Taehyung.

I looked down in embarrassment.

"Hey, its alright. Ive been through some situations like this before. But I'm alive," he chuckled. That laugh rang in my ears softly. It felt like music.

"You.. You tried it before?" I was shocked.

He looked down slowly, "actually, yes. I've been through a lot but I luckily had someone beside me. And I was glad I could help and do the same to someone else."

I sighed. I still couldn't realize what I was thinking. Did I actually slip or was my body acting automatically?

"Um, I'm Jimin. What's your name?" He asked sweetly.

I smiled back at him and felt that I could trust him. Even with all what I've been through, I never seemed to learn from my mistakes.

"(Y/N)," I answered.

"(Y/N)," he repeated. "That's a really pretty name."

I smiled at him while he looked over at me.

"(Y/N), why don't we go and buy some ice cream on my treat? I want to make you feel better

"(Y/N), why don't we go and buy some ice cream on my treat? I want to make you feel better."

"Ice cream? In winter?"

He shrugged,"why not?"

"And I just met you?" I asked.

"I'm trying to make you feel better so you wouldn't try to commit suicide again. You shouldn't be alone right now."

He seemed as if he knew too much. And he somehow felt so safe.

An ice cream cone is a good idea, right? It could always cheer you up.

"Well... Okay," I said, walking over with Jimin to a close ice cream shop he knew.

Time Skip

"No way. We're in the same school?? Same class??" I asked in shock. I went through a long conversation with Jimin while enjoying my two balls of cotton candy and cookie flavored ice cream (A/N: I actually literally ate those two flavors yesterday XD)

I realized that he was in my class and I didn't even notice him. He said he was in the front and was always focusing on the teacher. But I still wondered how I didn't even recognize him. Well, its not like I pay too much attention to humans anyway.

He nodded,"what a coincidence. I didn't realize you were that girl who kept picking up fights with Taehyung."

At the mention of his name, my smile fell and I stopped eating ice cream.

"What? I-I didn't mean to say that you were a trouble maker, I-"

I shook my head, "no, its alright. I'm glad we're in the same class, anyway." I said, smiling again. But it turned to a weak, forced smile.

He puffed his cheeks, sighing while looking down,"I didn't mean to say something bad about you, really. You seem nice."

Oh, how I wanted to pinch those cheeks.

"Jimin, it's alright. Its not about me."

"Then, is it about Taehyung?"

I opened my mouth but no words came out. What could I even say?

"Oh, sorry. I'm being too nosy. But I didn't want to see you bothered. I want you to really smile." He smiled at me again.

At that, I really gave him my brightest smile and he cheered, "that's better."

I looked at the window and noticed that it was already night.

"Oh, my mom would be so worried about me."

"You want to go? Can I take you home?"

"No, no. It's alright. I need to leave, Jimin. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. But are you sure you can go back home on your own?"

"Yes, Jimin. I won't try to stand at the edge of the bridge again. I promise," I said as I stood.

"Alright. But I hope I could see you tomorrow at school." He looked at me with hope in his eyes.

I almost forgot about me not going to school. I almost wanted to convince my mom to take me to another school. But after I met Jimin, I saw some things differently and that my problems weren't too hard to handle. I felt like I had to come to school again. No more hiding. And seeing Jimin again was enough motive for me. So I answered with a nod,"of course you will." And left the ice cream shop after saying goodbye to him.

___________________________________

I reached home and realized I had left Taehyung in my house alone. Oh,my gosh, what if he touched my things or saw some private stuff??

But when I came in the house everything seemed untouched just the way it was before I left.

Taehyung already left.

I entered my room and fell on my bed. And just before I could close my tired eyelids, I noticed a folded paper on my empty desk.

I lazily got up and grabbed it, opening it and reading what was written in it with an elegant handwriting:

(Y/N),

I'm sorry for bothering you over and over. I guess I unintentionally hurt you and didn't even realize it. I guess you are going through a lot and I understand. Please don't hurt yourself or try to do anything stupid like you always do. And I'll try to get away from you as possible as I can...

I can't promise you anything, though.

Oh, by the way, I got your phone number before leaving your house :)

- GG