Chapter 9; The triple grounded girl, and the weird boy

Picture is Klay

*I don't own the photos that will be put in the story, all the rights belong to their owners!*

BTW, I had hard time finding someone who kinda fit the image of Klay and has a blue green hair, so just imagine the hair is bluish green kind of color instead of the white.

*Unedited*

Enjoy the chapter!  

*

When I get back home, all the lights in house were turned off, so I decided it was OK to go through to front door.

Did I actually manage to pull this off? To not get caught by my aunt?

I smirked, skipping my way at from the door.

A throat clearing made me freeze. The light in the living room suddenly turned on, making me wince from the unexpected flash. "Ugh, I'm blind!" I yelled dramatically, covering my eyes. "And what do you think, coming at this hour, young lady?" I moved one hand, only to put it over my hand again after seeing her cross face.

"I can't see you, you can't see me! I can't see you, you can't see me! I can't see you, you can't see me! I can-" "Rhiannon Martins!"

She interrupted my childish song-like talking.

"You went out even though I grounded you, didn't you?!" I put my hands close to my body. "Yeah, because there was a school's festival and your reason from grounding me was stupid," "Rhiannon!" I pressed my lips together, but then decided otherwise. "It's true, though! I wasn't in a fight, I already told you what happened! Why can't you trust me sometimes?" She crossed her arms on her chest and looked at me. "Maybe because you do things like sneaking out when you're grounded, perhaps?" "Well if you wouldn't have ground me, then I wouldn't need to sneak out!" Aunt sighed, shaking her head.

"If you stop hitting people, then I'll start believing you more often," "If people will stop being stupid, then I will!" I yelled at her. I so rarely found myself doing such a thing, and by the shock on aunt's face, I could tell she knew that as well.

"That's it, go to your room! Your grounded- no, Triple grounded for sneaking out and for thinking of lying about it later." I balled my fists, biting my tongue so nothing else will come out and make my situation worse.

And with hurt pride and wounded ego, I made my way upstairs.

*

At the next day, every time someone asked to hang out, I kept pouting and whining how I was triple grounded.
"Hey, um... I was thinking... D-do you want to go to the movies with me? Y-you know, to hang out..." - "No. I'm triple grounded."
"Want to hang out sometime?" - "No. I'm triple grounded."
It would usually result them looking at me strangely, trying to decide if I was lying or actually serious with my answer. Though, even if I wasn't grounded I probably wouldn't have agreed- since I knew what they really wanted was a date from me. I had to wait until they wanted to hang out as friends. It was obvious from their expressions that this wasn't what they were hoping for. Soon enough, I might start thinking about changing my gender and identity. Maybe it is a good idea, after all. Though it might mean breaking my promise to my uncle.
I made sure not to mention this to Caleb, though, so he wouldn't feel responsible for this. After all, it wasn't his fault I did what I did.
I was still mad at my aunt, even though I didn't like grudges about small things. Well, not so small as of now. I might get over it by the end of the week, but for now- I'll be as mad as I can while it lasted.
Aunt could be very protective and bossy sometimes. This time, she was right about being worry that I went to such a huge gathering because of my history. Though I wished she trusted me more, I couldn't really blame her. I didn't trust myself that much, either.
But grounding me in the first place was wrong. I didn't fight, didn't do anything bad.
This, I wasn't going to forget anytime soon.
"Woof, tiger!" I heard as I put a book inside my locker. Looking towards the source of the voice, I only then realized it was addressed to me. I lifted a brow at the blue haired boy. "I'm not really sure tigers bark, weird boy." "They do bark!" Klay puffed his cheeks, though you can still see his sharp cheek bones.
"No, they don't," he gaped at me, and then narrowed his eyes.
"Are sassing me?" I blinked at him. He was even weirder than me. "No."
Klay shook his head, "I think you are. Do you want me to sass you too, tiger? Is that how our relationship's going to work? Sassing each other all day?" He tilted his head to the side, blue locks falling on his eyes.
"Your hair is really pretty," I said casually. Klay narrowed his eyes again. "Flattery won't work, love." We stared at each other.
Then, I cracked a smile. That's all he needed to start laughing, making a few boys to turn their attention to us.
When he stopped, he lifted his hand and pointed at me with a serious expression, one I didn't see on him till now.
"You. Tomorrow. Park. Five o'clock. Got it?" I stared at him at first.
"Did you just order me?" Crossing my hands, I gave Klay a challenging look.
My narrowing eyes seemed to make him snap. Klay sent me a sheepish look. He rubbed nape, "S-sorry," the boy cleared his throat.
I gave him an amuse smile to let him now that it was okay. "I meant to ask if... You wanted to come with us to the park." Closing my locker's door, I sighed.
"I can't. I'm triple grounded."

*

Klay didn't accept my 'excuse'-as he called it-, and was damn keen about chancing my mind. When I told Caleb about it, he had some interesting information on Klay Carson. Well, maybe not that interesting.

"He's kind of the goofy type, but he also likes to flirt a lot. He looks weird to most people because of his..." "Hair color?" Caleb nodded. "Right. He likes to change it a lot, as well. If he wasn't friends with those guys, he might have got a lost um..." I smiled, looking at my friend as he tried not to curse.

"Shit?" He coughed, nodding again. "So that explains a little why he practicality ordered me to come along with him and hang out. Think it actually works for him?" He simply shrugged. I rolled my eyes. His sense of humor needed work.

"Y-you might want to consider going," Caleb remarked sheepishly, almost making me to choke on my coke. "What the- why?" He pulled on the grass we sat on, looking at his notebook.

"Well, if he did ask you to come, and you declined, he will probably try in a more... different way." Caleb said, messing with his blue beanie.

I groaned. I bet he will. "There's no way! You'll see, it will be fine. Besides, his friends are going to get him to drop it, I'm sure. They are one of the only boys who don't seem interested in me in that way."

But even though I said that, why did I have this feeling I'm going to get quadruple grounded?

*

Unfortunately for me, the weird boy wasn't about to give up so soon.

A week afterwards, aunt said she will un-ground me in two days time if I'll promise her that I won't into any kind of trouble- fighting, badmouthing, getting on the nerves of someone and the list went on,- and go to the grocery store for a month instead if her.

"Oh my god, I'm finally free! Quick, what year is it? Did I miss the meteor and the end of the world??" At first, Caleb blinked at me, confused. Then he must have remembered my confession from a while ago.

Since Caleb was my very first, real and precious friend, I had hard time keeping my punishment from him.

I bawled and told him how it wasn't his fault, and that I didn't tell him so he wouldn't feel guilty. At the end, it turns out I was worried for nothing. All he did was to smile and blush, telling me he had to get to class.

At least, I hoped that's what it meant. Boys are confusing.

"I bet this is what Elsa felt when she sang 'Let it go'." I sighed happily. Though I had the awful duty of going to the grocery store that was on the other side of the neighborhood, I was no longer grounded. "Ooh, we can go to the movies now! How about that, ah? I haven't been there in forever!" Caleb smiled at my enthusiasm, the cute little redness on his cheeks. "S-sure, that would be fun." "Awesome!" As I looked around me, I realized that all of the cafeteria could hear our exchange.

"Rhi!" I groaned. Caleb looked at me with pity. It was bound to happen, his brown eyes said.

"Let me come to, please please please!" I norrowed my eyes at Klay, who had now red and purple colored locks on his head. I had no idea when he did that. Lifting my hand, I pointed my finger at him as if I was scolding him. "You are not welcome." Klay only pouted in return, standing tall and looking around the room when I ignored his continual nagging. "Let me come let me come let me come let me co-" "Okay, okay! You can come too, you damn prick!" Klay smiled at me. "Great, thanks at lot. I already have your number, by the way." He said, turning to walk away.

I nodded, "Good, that's- Wait, WHAT?! Klay!" I will forever remember his evil laugh as it echoed in the cafeteria.

The weird boy was definitely crossing the line between 'weird' and 'mad'.