Chapter 4; The threatened girl

Walking inside my first class (or second, since I was late for the first) was weird.

Everyone stared at me, not understanding what the hell a girl was doing in an all boys' school. Even the teacher had hard time to believe me.
When she told me to take a sit at the corner in the back of the class, I could feel the eyes of the boys on me as I walked toward my seat. The teacher continued with the lesson but some of the students still stared at me, while other stole glances every now and then.
The guy next to me was asleep. I wondered if I was supposed to wake him up. However since no one tried to, I didn't bother.
Ping.
I propped my elbow on the table, crossing my leg on top of the other to cover the fact I pulled my phone out of my bag. Who will text me at school's hours?
The number was blocked. I moved my eyes on the other students in the room. Other signs of messages came from their phones as well.
"...." Was the only thing the message said.
I deleted it and waited for the class to end, hoping it was bug in my phone.

*

Lunch time came faster than I thought. No one tried to talk to me, for now. I wonder if they were scared of me. When was the last time they talked to a girl without her running away because of their appearance?
The corridors were more crowded than when I walked to my other lessons; everyone pushed and shoved each other in order to make it outside and to the cafeteria before the brake was over.
The cafeteria was even worse than the hallways. Loud talking came from every direction, laughing and yelling. The noise of plates clattered all about the place, and the forks clanked against them. I was really lost. Bright florescent lights hanged around the room, no dark corner. I started to pace so I wouldn't appear as scared as I felt.
Can't believe Uncle made me do this without preparations.
I mentally rolled my eyes at the thoughts. A big line was in front of the food stands, making me to debate if I wanted to try and get in there.
I pulled my sunglasses from my bag and put it on. An instant relief came, and I almost sighed. My face was totally blank for the eyes of the people, now that they couldn't see my own. I shoved my hands down my jacket's pockets, waiting.
After quickly choosing the burger and some fries for my lunch, I searched with my eyes for a place to seat. I didn't want to be here. Maybe I could find somewhere else to eat. There was no open table anyway.
Luckily, my eyes landed on a familiar beanie. A smile formed on my face while I made my way towards it, ignoring the looks I got. "Yo, Caleb! What-up what-up! How are you doing on this fine after noon?" I frowned a bit. "Well, lunch." Caleb looked startled. Like a small kitten that got scared from a nearby sudden noise. Was I scaring him? Probably. And I'm pretty sure it's not for the fact I looked intimidating, because I wasn't. Maybe I should start thinking of a new way to greet my potential future friends.

I sat down, not waiting for his reply. Putting an elbow on the table, and my chin on top of my hand I ground. "Agh, first days sucks. How was your first day when you got here, Caleb?" He rubbed the back of his neck, "Ah... okay, I guess." I hummed. Was he acting shy because I was a girl, or because I was a stranger? Noting the fact that no one else sat with him, I guessed the latter.

The shy boy. I never met any in my former schools; they were all the same stuck up guys. Well, maybe not all of them.

Putting a fry in my mouth, I noticed the dining hall had stilled a bit, and now they were all staring.

Suddenly, the scrape of a chair moving sounded. "What the hell are you doing here? I didn't know we started accepting little girls," I didn't move from my current position to look around, only angled my face to the source of the voice.

I put another fry in my mouth. Did he really think I have the patience to start a fight with him?

"Hey!" Now there were no voices in the room, so the noise of the person's shoes echoed as he walked. "I'm talking to you, little girl," I lifted my head to look at him, keeping my face blank.