Chapter 19; The new girls, and the hurt grumpy boy

*Unedited*

Enjoy the chapter!

*

"What do you mean, you still get the texts?" Thomas asked in a dead-serious voice, and I handed him my phone.  "Aren't you jumping to conclusions? Even if this texts weren't for the fights, who said it would be for the disappearances? And why would they want to do that?" Elliot asked in a skeptical voice. I sank in the sofa from his words.
He was right. It made no sense. But why did it feel so wrong?
"It doesn't matter, we have nothing to do we that, so just stop overthinking this." Reagan told me picking up the remote and scrolling down the movies' list.
Klay looked at Reagan and then shrugged, focusing on the T.V as well.
Thomas handed me back my phone, "This may be really nothing," he remarked, however it felt like there was more he wanted to say.
I looked at the texts again, then at the guys. Reagan was giving me that look again. The one which warned me that if I do anything stupid, I'll have him on my head.
But if these texts were the link to those disappearances, I had to do something.
After all, it was my job to make Woodblock High safe.
And not only for the girls, but for the boys as well.

I shook my head, looking down to my lap as the others turned to the movie picking mission.

My phone suddenly rang, startling me, but it was my house's phone number, probably my aunt. Obviously, who else will it be? Idiot.

"Yeah?" I signaled the boys to be quiet, because the last thing I needed is the my aunt will suspect I'm around boys, which means I'm getting into another fight.

"Rhi, it's Belle, you better come home real quick- you uncle is here and seem to be freaking out about something," Belle told me, making me silently curse and get up.

"Where are you going?" Caleb asked me, looking at me with a puzzled look. "My uncle needs me," I answer and quickly go towards the door.

"I'll drive you home," Reagan said, but I shake my head.

"It's fine, my house is not that far away. He seems unconvinced, but I'm already out of his house before he can object.

What was the problem with my uncle now?

*

"Uncle Bart?" I called out as soon as I got home. On my way, I started to come out with bad situations he might be in. Did another boy went missing? Did they finally have information about it?

"Oh, thank god you're here, I have to go- my son needs me." I nodded at Belle's words, not waiting for her to get out the house and went looking for my uncle.

He was in the leaving room, sitting on the couch in front of the TV exactly how he was on that day he first asked me for my help.

"Rhi, I need your help again." He said as soon as he noticed me standing there.

I lifted a brow, "Yeah, I figured," I said and went to sit next to him. "What is it now?"

My uncle sighed, rubbing his face with his palm and returning his gaze to me.

"The Mainwest Academy's headmaster is giving me trouble again," I frowned, not familiar with the name. "Mainwest?" I asked.

"Remember the all-girls academy from the winter festival?" I nodded after a moment of thinking, "Well, their headmaster convinced our school board that having just one girl in the is ridicules, and it's not much of a testing the waters," My uncle told me, rubbing his temple. I waited for him to continue, already dreading the rest of what he has to say.