Chapter 27; The determined girl

*Unedited but hey, it's been like three monthes since the last update so you all still love me*

edit: so I kinda screwed up some stuff so I do recommend going to chapter 24 and re-read from there because I made a few changes. This is what happenes when you're an idiot, so stay in school kids.

*

The boys didn't answer me when I called. Apart from Belle and aunt, the only people I talked to were Caleb, Jason, Belle our cook and sometimes I'll text Grey.

Caleb said they found out about me being the principal's niece. I lied to them again, and they didn't like that. I tried calling, but after a while I gave up. Caleb said that I should give it some time. But maybe if this is how I'll be treated every time they found out something I didn't tell them about, maybe this should stop. I didn't want to give them up.

Caleb told me a little about what Grey said to him, how he wanted to try and hang out if he wanted. I could tell how nervous Caleb was, and so I offered to have a movie night or something which will include me and maybe Jason- just to get Caleb used to Grey's presence. He agreed and said he'll ask Grey about it. It's been about three days since then and he still didn't text him.

"You should just text him," I encouraged, though I understood why he was so terrified. Grey was twenty two- about five years older than Caleb. To add to it, he has a job and legally an adult. Caleb must feel like a young, inexperience kid.

"Maybe later," He said, but I reached my hand quickly and snatched his phone from his hand, typing quickly. "Rhi!" he called out, but I stopped him with my hand.

"This is now or never, Caleb. Should I press send, or should I not?" I asked, showing him his phone's screen. Caleb rubbed his head, biting his bottom lip. "Just send it already," He said and stood up from the chair beside his kitchen table, walking around and looking through the fridge as if he was looking for food. I knew it wasn't the reason he did that.

I sent the message, and it didn't take long for an answer to come. Caleb jumped from the sound of the incoming call, giving me a terrified look that turned into an accusing one.

"See what you did?" He asked, pointing his finger at me. I just shrugged and smiled. He was so going to thank me for this one day.

"Just answer him!" I called out, but when he did nothing I picked up the phone, and before he could say anything I answered.

"Hey Grey!" I greeted, smiling as Caleb froze as he looked at me. "Where's Caleb, Rhi?" Grey asked, without greeting me back. I rolled my eyes, then answered. "He's in the shower," Caleb's face started to turn red almost immediately. He was definitely regretting his life choices right now.

"What?" Grey asked, as if he was confused by my answer. "You know, shower- soap, shampoo, hot water, naked-" "Yeah, I know what shower means I just- never mind. Tell Caleb to get back to me, yeah?" he asked before hanging up on me. I stared at the phone while Caleb stared at me. "Wow. That was rude. Doesn't he want to win some bonus pointes by being nice to your best friend?" Caleb continued to stare at me, before he broke from his trance.

"Well? What did he say?" He asked me, sitting back down.

"He said to tell you to call him back," I replied, which made him panic even more.

At the end of that day, Caleb texted Grey instead, and he agreed to my idea.

Now, I was sitting down on the porch of my house after leaving Caleb's house.

I don't know how long I sit there, doing nothing but stare at the night sky, before my aunt's voice shake me from my trance.

"Is this what you're going to do now?" She asked as she took a sit besides me. I don't answer. She's the reason I'm sitting here, doing nothing. She and her brother.