Chapter 1; The bored niece, and the desperate uncle

I never actually considered the possibility of flying frogs. Why did no one think about it?

"Ms. Martins," And it appears it can talk as well. The power of Mother Nature, ah? Remarkable. I should remember to kiss the ground once a day out of respect.

"Ms. Martins!" I jerk my head from a sudden noise, lifting it up towards my biology teacher. She had a squeaky voice that made you beg for her not to talk. But Mrs. Crone likes to raise it, so it can make your ears bleed.

In my opinion, she does that on purpose.

"Yes...?" I asked her with a sleepy voice. Some of the students took the opportunity to chat quietly with each other.

Mrs. Crone scowled at me, "Yes? Is that the only thing you can say when I address you?" she asked, walking around her desk. Do I really have to deal with this right now, for the second time of the day?

"Well, I can say it in another language if you'd like." "Silence!" The teacher called, making me and others cringe slightly. Mrs. Crone was a bit of a surprise for me when I came here, since usually teachers in privets schools are nice and elegant. Truth be told, she might be the only reason why I'm still here- though even she started to wear me off at some point. "Rhiannon Martins!" I lift a brow. "Sí?" Mrs. Crone points with her forefinger towards the door. "Out!" I looked at her with a questioning look. "Out? Out where? Out of the building? Out of this country?" It was obvious to all that she was very close to burst. And I wanted to see it. "Or perhaps..." I wiggled my eyebrows in suggestion. "Oh, Mrs. Crone! I'm flattered, I really am, but going out together is kind of illegal."

And that was the only fun day I had for the rest of the week.

*

"What happened this time?" Belle, the cook of the house, asked me. I shrugged, "The usual, I guess. No punishment either. I'm starting to question the authorities, seriously." She looked at me while I shook my head. "If I do something bad, why not give a penalty? This is why those schools are boring; No. Action." Belle chuckled. She was used to my complaints about my studies, and found it rather amusing how I see private schools dull and empty. She went to one in her student days, so sometimes Belle find it hard to understand my deep loath.

"Well, if you want some drama that badly, why not create it?" The white pearl walls made my eyes ache while I tried concentrating on my food. The blond woman had a point. But, I stated; "I'm trying, I am! But nothing I do help. It's the other pupils, they are too... submissive!" A voice sounded from the front door, notifying my aunt's entering. She looked quite angry, yelling a few 'impolite' words in her phone. Who was the poor soul she was talking to, anyway?

Belle looked her way, drying her hands after washing them and waited for her to finish the conversation.

"Ms. Noelle, will you like something to drink?" Aunt nodded, pushing some hairs that fell from her impressive hairstyle from her face. Belle set a glass of water on the table for her to take, and went back to washing the dishes.

When I finished, I stood up with my plate and cup in hand, handing it to the cook.

Suddenly, the flow on the plates gave me an idea. I gave Belle an evil smile, which made her stop the washing and turning to me. "You have an idea, don't you?" I couldn't stop the smirk on my face. "Oh, you bet I have," Taking a fork out of the sink, I send her a look. "Things are about to go down very messily."

*

How do you get a bunch of snobbish teenagers to turn against each other in the dirtiest way as possible?

That was a question I found myself asking the rest of the weekend. But then, the perfect opportunity came out, making my heart to thud in thrill and excitement.

The headboard wouldn't know what hit them. I'm hoping they'll even investigate the event.

It was Thursday, November the third, 2016. Our headmaster's fiftieth birthday. Truth be told, it was a very special day- especially for the likes of me.

I might have felt a little bad about my plan, but it wasn't that much of a wreck.

Just a tiny, itsy-bitsy food fight.

Wearing my light relief sunglasses and tacking my hands in my jackets' pockets, I started walking to the place of the event. It was already crowded by the time I got there, tables of food and drinks standing almost everywhere. There was more than enough for everyone to eat.

Or, in my case; to throw. It is a bit shameful to waste it all, but I already know that most of it will stay un-touch, and then thrown away. So really, it didn't matter were in the end it will get thrown at.

"Rhiannon Martins!" I searched for the source of the voice and my eyes landed on Mrs. Crone.

Just in time for the party, I thought with a small eager smile.

"Oui, madame Crone?" Her glare hardened in return. She held up her finger in front of my face, "You better be well behaved today, understood?" I nodded, although it's perfectly clear to me that it's not going to happen. Nice try, Mrs. Crone.

She gave me a look from my long, black wavy hair and to my flat ankle boots. The teacher crossed her harms and asked harshly, "Where is your uniform?" I mimicked her pose and almost snapped my fingers three times in her face. "In the trash. Has been there for a long time." Mrs. Crone scoffed, but before she could say anything the sound of our principal's voice stopped her.

She turned and walked away.

I shoved my hands in the packets again, this time deeper so I wouldn't be tempt to make an obscene gesture and waited for the headmaster's speech to be over.

And when it did, and everyone started chatting and eating, I picked a cupcake. After finding my target, I tossed it while being sure no one noticed it.

It hit a blond-haired guy on his perfect suit. For a few seconds, I wondered if I should try again. But when he released an angry grunt, I already knew I succeeded.

Not even a minute, everyone started to throw food at each other, yelling and screaming.

But when a chair came flying about, it seems like my plan may have worked a bit better than I planned.

*

The day after, nothing has happened. And I don't mean that there was just a quick pep talk, I mean nothing has happened.

Was it this messed up school, or the fact that the headboard is scared of the kids parents like any other private school?

Must be both.

Either way, I found myself scowling all the rest if the weekend.

Until the unexpected appearance of my uncle.

Uncle Bart is what some will call... crazy. He tends to drink milk from a bowl, wear a hat indoors and keeps a monkey as a pet in his enormous 'yard'. Crashing his character with his sister, my aunt, it's safe to say they don't mingle very well together.

"Oh dear oh dear," I looked up from the TV in the living room, watching my aunt as she paced around the room with a concerned look on her face. Her hair was pulled up in a poorly made ponytail.

"What is it?" I asked. I had to repeat my question a few times until she heard me.

Before she could answer, the door bell rang, making her yelp.

Well someone is jumpy today.

When aunt came back, she wasn't alone. The familiar brown-reddish hair, blue suit and eyes made me jump up from my sit. Uncle Bart hugged me to him for a few seconds, and though he wore his regular warm smile, I could see the troubled look he had.

"What's wrong, Uncle Bart?" I asked, my own smile dropping and a slightly concerned took over.

"Rhi, I need your help."

~*~

Thank you for reading :)

Vote

comment

Follow

StellarK25