Chapter 15; The Officer

*Unedited*

Enjoy the chapter!

*

I had one heck of a nightmare.

I dreamt about being back in my previous private school and Mrs. Crone, my ex-biology teacher, made me kiss a frog. I woke up immediately afterwards by my aunt opening my door and yelling at me for sleeping in.

"Sorry, I stayed up until late yesterday." I told her as I sat down at the kitchen table, trying to master a guilty look.

My aunt sighed, "Just when I thought you finally became responsible about your studies, you start with the usual routine." She stated, walking around Belle-our cooker- with a cup of coffee in her hand until she stood in front of me.

Reaching out, she took the donut I was about to eat out of my hand. I exclaimed, looking at her in shock. "Enough with all of this sugar first thing in the morning, you're not a kid anymore." I gave my aunt a look. "Now I understand why Peter pan didn't want to grow up," I told them dramatically, putting a hand above my heart.

"Just get up and go to school, and come back straight after you hear me?" I scowled. "What about my club?" I asked.

Since I didn't want to tell her I was getting detentions, I had to make up something reliable enough. She thought the club idea was good for me, with all of that people interaction BS.

"Right after that, come straight home. You're out more than you're in it this days." I quirked a brow at her, standing up and collecting my bag from the floor. "Weren't you the one who told me the get out of the house more often?" Instead of replying, she rolled her eyes and put on her sunglasses, pulling her bag's trap on her shoulder and walking towards the door.

"Don't forget to take your glasses, it's going to be a very sunny day!"

*

I walked into the school when it was already after the second period, between the third one on the fifteen minutes break.

"Rhi!" I heard my name being called as I started navigating through the hallways. I had my sun relief glasses on since the sun was too unbearable for me today. In wasn't hot or anything, since we were almost at January, but the sunlight was too blinding for me.

"Hey, I woke up late." I explained to Caleb as he reached me. He frowned, like he was realizing that only now. "Oh, were you? Sorry, we didn't have our shared classes yet so I didn't notice." I scoffed.

"But anyway, you won't believe what happened!" I raised my eyebrows. "You seems so enthusiastic about it I might as well listen.

"well, there's been a couple of cops around the campus, asking people some questions!" He whisper-yelled, turning me away from everyone as if he was telling me a secret. "Is that so?" I let out in curiosity. "What do you think it's about?" Caleb shrugged. "I don't know, but some students started to say they might've found out about the fights on Fridays. They said someone must've told off and now the school called the police about it." He suggested, telling me while pulling me a bit forward to catch up with him as we started walking.

"You think Thomas' brother know something?" Caleb shrugged again, as if to say he had know idea.

In that moment, a cop walked around the corner. When his eyes fell on me, his constructed into a look of confusion. "Oh-oh," I mumbled as he started to walk towards us. Caleb looked at him. "Was he not told about you?" He asked quietly, tensing up as the officer came closer. Just as reached us, my uncle came around the corner and spotted us.