Deku, Like 'You Can Do It'!

"Go away."

"But we're going to the exact same place," Shiro said with her chin in her palm. She had managed to find the staff office after school let out and was sitting across from Aizawa and watching as he filled out something on his desk. "I'll just wait until you're done!"

"Students aren't allowed in here. There's top secret information enclosed within these walls," Aizawa droned as he flipped the sheet over after he finished filling it out. It was just the recorded scores from the fitness tests they did.

"First about the expulsion and now this... I think you're getting worse at lying," she said and blew at a fringe that was blocking her eye. She frowned at the thought, "And, from what I can tell, our class got a pretty scary impression of you because of it."

"Good," he replied. "You're not here to make friends. Being a hero doesn't mean you'll be spoon-fed with praises and glamour all the time. It's dangerous. It's only rational to make sure that you guys know this from the start."

Shiro sighed. That was always a typical response from the Pro Hero regarding everything. Sometimes, she felt that the man was too straightforward and rational about things. He had a way of draining the excitement out of things and replacing it with stress. Well, she was used to it, but she was also too stubborn for her own good.

The chair the girl was sitting at scrapped across the floor as she stood up. Aizawa looked up briefly.

"Where are you going?"

"I've decided I want to make some friends," she said and stuck a tongue out at him before heading out the door. "I can't do that if my classmates see me with you. You'll scare them away!"

Tch... the hero went back to his paperwork. How irrational.

ooo

Shiro was running to school the next day because she nearly overslept her alarm. The Pro Hero was long gone when she woke and she realized that she had less than 30 minutes to get to school. I can't believe he just left without me!

It was probably his way of getting back at what she said to him yesterday.

And he says I'm a kid, the girl huffed. When she was close enough to school grounds with enough time to spare, she slowed down and looked around for familiar faces of her classmates. She was actually pretty nervous. Should I increase my probability of making friends...? Just in case?

"Aisaka-chan!"

She jolted as a hand tapped her on the shoulder. Turning around, she was met with the smiling face of Uraraka. Behind her, Midoriya waved timidly as Iida gave her a short nod.

"Good morning, Aisaka-chan!" Uraraka greeted again. Shiro noted that the girl was always super bubbly. "Wanna head to class together with me, Iida-kun, and Deku-kun?"

"'Deku'?" Shiro repeated blankly.

The male in question started to sputter nervously as he tried to explain. "It's a nickname that Kacchan calls me to make fun of me, but Izuku is my real name! Um, b-but Uraraka-san said that it sounds like 'you can do it', so..." He poked his two fingers together bashfully.

"He accepted it way too easily," Iida shook his head.

"...Deku," Shiro, on the other hand, nodded understandingly at the explanation. "I guess it rolls off the tongue well."