It's Yours

The crowd cheered as Bakugou's face appeared on the big screen as the winner of the eighth match. Everyone seemed to have forgotten that just moments ago they were booing the blonde for "playing around". While Present Mic announced the final winner and concluded the first round, Shiro watched the medical robots wheel Uraraka out to Recovery Girl and Bakugou make his way off the stage as well with the characteristic scowl on his face.

"Uraraka-san..." Shiro said almost regrettably for the girl. Doing the calculations, the result of the match only drew her one step closer for the chance of facing off Bakugou in the semi-finals. Judging by his performance here, she can only conclude that anyone up against him was going to have a hard time with such an overpowering Quirk. "She did her best. She really was leading him by the nose for a good moment there."

"It's true that this was the best she could do in that situation, but knowing Bakugou's strength, it was incautious of her to not have a back-up," Todoroki added for measure.

"There just wasn't enough time and Uraraka-san had used her all her energy repeatedly throwing herself into the explosions," she looked at the male besides her. "Speaking of time, your match is up next, isn't it?"

Todoroki nodded silently and pushed himself off the wall. He had seen Midoriya head into the tunnel for the player waiting room already, and that was his cue to go as well. Just as he was about to leave, he felt a tug on his arm and turned to see a soft look in Shiro's ruby eyes.

"I don't know how your 'talk' with Midoriya-san went and I'm not going to pry into your business, but just... Remember what I said, okay?"

Todoroki stilled. What she said had never left his mind, but he didn't know how to think the same way as she did. He was someone cursed with two powers; one from his mother and the other from his father. It was because of this curse that his father became even more of an asshole than he was and the reason why his mother had become so unstable.

"Aisaka, I..."

"What the fuck are you two doing?"

Bakugou, in all his glory, was glaring at them with his hands in his pant pockets. Shiro realized that his eyes were trained on her hand still holding into Todoroki's wrist, so she quickly let go. "What exactly is your problem?" she retorted impatiently while he glowered.

"You're quick to make a move on anyone huh," came his taunting sneer. Even he didn't know why he was suddenly so pissed off. He was just sick and tired of seeing these two together all the damn time. That, and perhaps all the pestering Kaminari gave him while watching her fight with Shinso had given him a justifiable reason to be angry.

"That side character wasn't enough for you?"

Shiro's cheeks reddened. H-How dare he! Despite the fact that she had defended him just minutes ago against Pro Heroes, hearing that from him immediately threw any good thought about him out the window.

"That's rich coming from you!" she spat with a huff. "I'm surprised you didn't try to pull a fast one when you were fighting Uraraka-san, pervert!"

Bakugou's eyes twitched because he knew exactly what she was referring to. "T-That was your fucking fault and you know it!" he growled as he stalked up to her. His face was red, but whether from anger or embarrassment, they couldn't tell.

"Hmph!" Shiro managed to not burst into flames from both embarrassment and anger. Instead, she swiftly turned to Todoroki, who was beyond confused of their exchange, and pretended to not even see the blonde anymore. "As I was saying before someone rudely interrupted, good luck on your match, Todoroki-san," she encouraged with unmatched calmness before shooting the blonde a taunting glare. "Maybe we'll be opponents."