The Train to Internship Hell!

The days of rest went by for the rest in relative peace. The students were all heading back to school on the third day, well-rested and injuries mostly all healed. Because the sports festival was broadcasted on national television, with the focus directed especially at class 1-A, people on their way to school would recognize them and call them out in congratulations. While this was a notion Shiro appreciated, she didn't think she'll ever get used to the attention.

It was raining when she reached school campus and she had to make sure that she didn't step on any puddles to avoid soaking the bandages on her leg. It was the only part on her body that was left to heal on its own as Recovery Girl's little punishment for her overexerting her Quirk again. Of course, she's heard an earful from Aizawa as well, but she was fine nonetheless because he was clearly not that angry at her to begin with.

"Shiro-chan~!" Hagakure called from behind while Shiro was putting on her indoor shoes. Ojiro was right by the girl as they walked over. She couldn't see the expression on the invisible girl's face, but it didn't take much to know that she was hyped about something and probably grinning. "Ojiro-kun and I were just talking about how we've become even more popular after the sports festival. I even got a few stares on my way here. It was kind of embarrassing!"

"Isn't that normal for you...?" Shiro tilted her head in question of the girl's statement. The girl is invisible.

"Ojiro-kun said some even stopped to talk to him, too," Hagakure exclaimed without any indication that she heard. "They all thought his decision was very honorable!"

"I just felt it wouldn't be fair to move on without doing any work is all," Ojiro replied bashfully while putting on his own shoes. When he came back up, his cheeks were still tinted red as his eyes landed on Shiro. "Moreover, I bet you gained more attention. Going against Bakugou isn't easy and you got third place out of everyone."

"I didn't stop to talk to them," she stated bluntly.

"Of course you didn't," the male chuckled.

The three finished their business by the lockers but Shiro was drawn to a certain locker a few spots down. News had come out the other night about the culprit behind Ingenium's hospitalization... She wondered about the state of Iida's mind in knowing that the Hero Killer was still on the loose.

"Good morning, Shiro-kun, Ojiro-kun, and Hagakure-kun!" The three turned to see the aforementioned president sprinting towards them with a bright green poncho. "Why are you guys still chit-chatting out here? You're going to be late!"

"Eh?" Ojiro blinked with bewilderment. "But there's still five minutes until the first bell."

"U.A. students should always arrive 10 minutes early!"

Before they could question further, Iida already switched his rain boots with his indoor shoes and was ready to head to class. Shiro looked at the male with concern as he seemed to carry on like normal despite what happened to his family.

"Iida-san," she called while they were all heading towards their classroom. "Are you al—?"

"There is no need to worry," he reassured immediately. With the idle chatter happening around them, only the two were aware of the conversation. "My brother's condition is stabilized. I apologize for worrying you needlessly."

If you say so... she blinked as the male only left it at that and entered the classroom. He was already at his seat and was immediately bombarded by Uraraka's questions. Meanwhile, Shiro was pulled in by Hagakure and joined the bustling excitement of her classmates recounting their mornings.