Another Day, Another Battle

Another sigh left Shiro's lips as she stood in front of the large classroom door.

Because of the villain attack on USJ, U.A. classes were canceled for Thursday and set to resume on Friday. For Shiro, the one-day rest period was much needed since Recovery Girl wasn't able to completely heal all of her injuries from the low amount of stamina she had left after attempting to rewrite Nomu's existence. While all of her nerves and broken bones were fixed, her left arm was still wrapped in light bandages to let the superficial skin wounds heal, and on her back were two particularly nasty bruises she got from being slammed harshly on an uneven boulder.

However, none of her injuries amounted to what she heard Aizawa sustained from the attack. She hadn't even been able to see the man since he and Thirteen were in the hospital's intensive care unit, and the uncertainty of Aizawa's health was unnerving her. Present Mic had reassured her that everything was alright, but the heavy feeling in her heart remained.

She could hear the students chatting about the news last night that covered the USJ incident from behind the door. Everyone seemed to be fine, and she was glad that at least no one else got hurt. Opening the door, she was suddenly met with stunned silence as her classmates stopped their conversations to look at her.

"...Hello," she blinked, unsure of what to say.

They then rushed up and surrounded her with wide eyes and relieved gazes.

"Shiro-chan!" Kirishima was the first to speak. One eye was shining with an unshed tear as he looked at her with pure respect. "I heard about your bravery against those strong villains! So manly!"

"And your injuries! Are you really okay to resume class so fast?" Hagakure added. Even though she couldn't see the invisible girl's expression, Shiro understood her worry. Next to the girl, Ojiro was looking at her with a sense of consolation.

"We were all so worried..."

"Your arm!" Uraraka also voiced from the front of the crowd, her large eyes staring at the bandages on Shiro's left arm. "Recovery Girl couldn't heal you all the way? Deku-kun said something about stamina..."

"It's just a scratch," Shiro reassured. It really was, since the wound didn't hurt. What did hurt were the bruises on her back, and they were the reason why she couldn't wear her backpack and had to instead carry it. Uraraka only nodded thankfully and suddenly went in for a hug.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay!" she exclaimed happily as pain jolted through Shiro's body from the pressure on her back, but she bit her lip and shakily gave the girl a nod of thanks. Most of them were oblivious to it, but two pairs of eyes saw through her obvious facade of trying to conceal her pain. From his seat, Todoroki suddenly spoke up.

"We should give her some space to get to her seat. Homeroom is starting soon."

Shiro was surprised at the cold male's quick save, but she was glad as Uraraka released her and the rest went back to their seats. She trudged over to her seat between Kirishima and Midoriya.

"Shiro-chan, if you need anything, just tell me!" Kirishima declared with great spirit. "Bakugou and I will be your bodyguards!"

"Who fucking said anything about doing that for Pigtails, you hedgehog hair!" the blonde responded with a scowl. Though, when his eyes met Shiro's, he immediately snapped his head away. "Tch."

"It's okay, Kirishima-san," Shiro lightly tapped the redhead's arm since he looked irritated at the insulting name. He was visibly surprised at the contact, but he didn't dislike the small tingle of electricity that ran up his arm. "I can manage on my own," she affirmed before sitting down.