I Won't Give Up!

"Hey, hey, what's the matter? Aisaka's not moving a muscle! Is this Shinso's Quirk?!" Present Mic shouted from the cube. His eyes were wide with shock that the girl below would suddenly stop her attack. He tried to look closer, but he couldn't see her expression because she stopped moving with her head tilted downwards. The only thing he knew was that just second ago she had been angry at what Shinso said. "He didn't stand out at all, but could he actually be someone amazing? Who could've imagined this?!"

"That's why I said the entrance exam wasn't rational," Aizawa responded with a gruff tone as he looked down at Shinso Hitoshi's information sheet. The Voice hero also turned to look at the sheet with a raised brow, letting out a confused mumble.

"I had someone compile individual stats of each student for me during lunch since it was going to be a one-on-one... Shinso failed the practical exam for the hero course, but since he also applied for general studies, he probably knew that would happen. His Quirk is very powerful, but the practical exam consisted of fighting faux villains. That gave an advantage to those with physical attack Quirks... He wouldn't have been able to rack up any points with his Quirk."

"Well, what is his Quirk?" Present Mic asked as he looked for himself.

Shinso Hitoshi, Quirk: Brainwashing.

"Th-That's...! Could this be the end for Aisaka?! NOOOOO!"

Aizawa pushed the suddenly emotional hero out of his way with his arm cast. His black eyes focused on the unmoving girl in the ring. It seems that she really fell under Shinso's Quirk, and one of two things could happen at this point.

But either way, it will be over quickly.

ooo

Shinso took a few steps forward to move away from the out of bounds line, though he knew that he ws fully under control now. He stared at Shiro's slightly slouched form and frowned.

"I would have liked to not use this on you again, but this is the only way," he revealed despite knowing she couldn't answer him anymore. "Turn around and walk out of bounds."

At his command, Shiro's body started to move on its own. She turned around; one step, two steps, three steps... She was slowly making her way to the other side like an obedient puppy.

My body is moving on its own because of his command, but I can still hear myself this time... she thought while each step she took seemed to echo loudly around her. It was as Ojiro said, in a one-on-one, there was no way that there could be an outside force to help her snap out of this control. This was the worst-case scenario for her, but like she had suspected, Shinso knew just the right things to say because he knew she was susceptible to provocation.

"Please do your best for me, too."

As those words echoed through her mind, she willed herself to focus harder. She had taken a huge gamble with this because she wasn't sure if she would still be conscious of her mind, but now that she knew, it was now or never... She needed to make this work because the out of bounds line was just a few feet in front of her.

"It's as you said... 'Go beyond', 'Plus Ultra'... Maybe you won't understand, but even with a Quirk like this, I have my own dream," Shinso said as she neared the line. "So, lose for me."

Sorry Shinso, but I can't do that...!

Before Shiro took another step, the air around them picked up as a gust flew past his face. He stepped forward to decipher what was going on, but the girl suddenly rose up into the air.