Our Provisional Licenses

"82 people have passed. There are 18 spots left... We will be at capacity soon."

Hearing Mera's announcements was nerve-wracking because the number of total spots dwindled while the number of students from U.A. to make it didn't seem to increase. Everyone can only sit and wait anxiously. The minutes ticked... Then, a group of six walked through the door and Shiro and the others were more than relieved to see that it was Midoriya's and Bakugou's group.

Sero, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Uraraka trickled in while sharing stories of the opponents they had to face. Bakugou stomped by them with a gruff look on his face and it was apparent from the accompanying confused look on Midoriya's face that the two had some kind of exchange right outside of the waiting room.

"Ochaco-chan! Midoriya-chan!" Tsuyu greeted her two close friends as the others gathered around.

"I'm glad you are all safe! I was so worried," Momo added.

"Yao-momo!" Kaminari grinned and waved. "We're safe. You guys sure are quick!"

"We only got here a while ago, Aisaka and Todoroki were here first," Shoji replied as he passed them some drinks. "There's 12 of us now."

"Nine more to go," Todoroki calculated.

Meanwhile, Shiro looked at Bakugou who stood apart from the others and stepped towards him to figure out what he was brooding about. "I half expected you to finish this test earlier me. Did your group encounter someone strong? Or have you lost your edge?"

"Tch," he picked up an apple from the refreshment table, "As if. I was up against Slanty Eyes from Shiketsu who talked big because he thinks he knew us and shit. I destroyed him at the end."

Shiro whistled softly at his words. Things that came out the blonde's mouth could be so vulgar and those who didn't know him would definitely misunderstand it. Some would argue that harshness would prevent him from becoming a good hero, but even his cutting words had righteousness to it. Of course, it was also due to this kind of misunderstanding that people underestimated his intelligence, his loyalty to his friends, and his ability to stay true to his heart.

"Those guys from Shiketsu are something else," she motioned towards the Wind Quirk user at the other side of the room, talking as boisterously as usual. "I was able to complete the test right as he took out over a hundred people. Passing by taking out two of his targets looked like a lucky punch on my part."

Bakugou narrowed his eyes over at the male in question, "How'd Baldy end up at the same place as you? Is he a stalker now, too?"

"Doubt it, and it's not important right now. He's seriously strong and he already has a bone to pick with Todoroki-san. You should be careful around him, with your big mouth and all."

"Tch! I'll show him he's barkin' up the wrong tree," he took a large bite out his apple. "I'll kill him for for thinking he can get friendly with one of us. You should stay away from him."

"When did you become so protective..." Shiro paused with her arms crossed. "Over me?"

Bakugou nearly choked on the piece of apple on the way down and he glowered at the smirking girl who knew exactly that she was riling him up. His eyes ticked with irritation but he smirked as well, "I just hate people runnin' their mouth. Don't let it get to your head, Pigtails."

He didn't deny the fact at all and that surprised the girl.

"You're a complicated guy, Prickhead."

"And I'll fucking keep it that way."

"I'll figure you out sooner or later."

"Bite me."