Fine Line Between

A few days passed since the media uproar about All Might and peace returned to U.A.

"For today's hero basic training, it's turned into a class with three instructors. All Might, me and one more person," Aizawa announced with his usual tone, his droopy eyes staring back at the bewildered looks that his students were giving him. Sero Hanta raised his hand.

"Excuse me! What exactly will we be doing?"

The hero took out a card from his pocket and showed it to the class. It was similar to All Might's "BATTLE" card, except this one said "RESCUE". "Disasters, shipwrecks, and everything in between," he drawled. "It's rescue training."

Eh? That's not exactly Eraserhead's area of expertise, but it could be fun... Shiro pondered thoughtfully. Her Quirk was efficient at finding people quickly and she is able to manipulate the chances of harm to prevent causalities, so it seemed like a good training practice for her. The rest of her classmates also started to murmur excitedly about the training, but when the hero pointedly called out that he wasn't finished with announcements, they immediately quieted down again in fear of facing the man's wrath.

"You can decide if you want to wear your costume or not this time. There are probably costumes that limit your abilities... The training will take place off-campus, so we're taking a bus. Get ready and meet outside in ten minutes. Now shoo."

They didn't need to be told twice and immediately went to grab their hero suits and headed towards the changing rooms. After Shiro slipped into her suit and tied the ribbons securely in her hair, she met the others outside by the parked bus. Everyone decided to wear their costumes as well, but Midoriya was one exception. His suit did get destroyed during the combat training after all, and repairs from the support company takes a few days.

A shrilling whistle made everyone turn their attention towards Iida. "Class 1-A, gather round!" the class president ordered once everyone was present and pointed to the space in front of the bus. "Form two lines by your student numbers in order to make boarding the bus go smoothly!"

"Iida-kun's at full throttle..." Midoriya commented.

But as they all boarded the bus, the class president had turned from confident to sulking at his seat. Those sitting in the immediate vicinity of the male all gave him sympathetic looks. The bus wasn't exactly fit for his vision of seating, seeing as the front of the bus had two rows facing each other while the back of the bus had the two-person seating on each side and was facing forward.

Shiro ended up sitting next to Tokoyami in the first row of the left side in the back. Right across the aisle from her was Jiro, who was listening to music and Bakugou, who stared out the window. She found her seatmate to be quite reserved himself, but she didn't mind and closed her eyes to make the bus ride pass by quicker.

She was just about to nod off when another one of Tsuyu's blunt comments caused a cascade of responses that ended up triggering a certain hot-headed blonde.

"Bakugou-chan's always mad, so he doesn't seem like he'll be popular."

"The hell! You wanna fight!?"

"We haven't known each other that long, so it's amazing that everyone already knows his personality is crap steeped in sewage," Kaminari remarked with a smirk as the other blonde became increasingly offended.

"What's with that vocabulary, you bastard?! I'll kill you!"

I can't believe this... Kacchan is being teased...! Midoriya was in such a state of shock that he looked visibly disturbed. That's U.A. for you!