A Shoulder to Lean On

Aizawa was rudely interrupted by the alarm system built inside his room while he was working on some files. It was late at night and the curfew was suppose to be set, but apparently some people didn't like to follow rules. A robotic voice was reporting of a disturbance in Ground Beta...

Two of his students were there, fighting.

Bakugou and Midoriya, huh?

With a large sigh, he got up and walked out of his room, but only to be stopped by someone surprising.

ooo

It really didn't take a genius to know that an intense battle, initiated by none other than Bakugou, was going on somewhere on the school grounds. Shiro knew this was going to happen because she's seen it in the male's eyes before he left. What she didn't understand was why.

From her viewpoint, Midoriya had always been nothing but supporting. He was kind, hardworking, and extremely loyal to his friends. She knew that they had a rocky past because Bakugou had always hated his guts, but she was sure that even now the green haired hero-in-training regarded the blonde as someone close to him. Midoriya was the type to find someone he admired and strive to be just like them; it was obvious enough with All Might but he also showed the same kind of admiration with the people around him. His notes on each classmate weren't simply just a hobby of a fanboy. To him, there was always something new to learn because he always acknowledged his weaknesses, and by fixing them with experience and things he sees from other people, he can continue to push forward.

To put simply, Midoriya Izuku was one hell of a tenacious guy.

Even if Bakugou was curious about Midoriya's power, there was no reason she saw that would make him this upset. Still, the history between the two ran too deep for someone like her to really decipher it, and without the blonde clueing anyone in on his piece of mind, she can only sit on the sidelines... And it was maddening.

Wasn't he the one who told her to talk things out and that it was okay to be vulnerable? It seemed that the same sound reasoning didn't apply to himself.

However, there was no use for her to stew over what couldn't be helped. Shiro was sure that Aizawa had caught wind of the situation anyway and was on his way to stop the fight. Knowing the hero, he was going to dish out some harsh punishments for the boys so it was probably better that she wasn't involved.

...Like the fear of punishment from Eraserhead ever stopped me before, she rolled her eyes. Still, there was a chance that the fight between Bakugou and Midoriya would finally hash things out between them and they will get on the same level like how Todoroki and Inasa were. Looking out her window, the moonlight was illuminating the night in a deceptively peaceful manner.

She felt she wasn't going to get much sleep tonight.

ooo

Bakugou felt the forceful punch from Midoriya on his cheek hurt more than anything in the world.

He had figured it all out. The nerd's Quirk was from All Might; it was possible seeing how All For One had the ability to steal other people's Quirks. There was probably a reverse of that where All Might was therefore able to give Midoriya the power he has now.

It was frustrating. So frustrating that it hurt.

Bakugou was the one who admired All Might, perhaps just as much or even more than Midoriya. Yet the hero, his top hero, chose Midoriya to be his successor. He chose someone who was Quirkless... Someone who he had determined to be beneath him in terms of strength and ability. Midoriya Izuku had been nothing.