Exception

"How disappointing..." Tsuyu fumed as she walked away from Mineta. She and Shoji were persuaded to join because his plan sounded like a good idea, but she should've known better than to trust his perverted intention back there that ultimately got their headband taken. Walking over towards some of her other classmates, her mouth quirked back up. "Mina-chan, congratulations."

The pink haired female rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. "Well, Bakugou just let me join to use against Todoroki's ice," she admitted. "So I don't know if it reflects my abilities..."

"Knowing Prickhead, he chose you because he knows you're strong. Don't worry about it, you did really well!" Shiro chimed in with encouragement. She held back the wince of pain when she moved her right arm while walking. Now that the adrenaline was gone, she was slowing starting to get chilly despite the fact that her arm was burning.

Mina gave her a smile, "Thanks, Shiro-chan. You did super well, too! Congratulations!"

"Iida-kun, I didn't know you had a special move like that! No fair!"

Behind them, Uraraka was imitating Iida's run. Like everyone else, she had been completely caught by surprise with his Recipro Burst move. The class representative waved a stiff hand side to side at her accusation.

"It has nothing to do with fairness! I just wasn't using it as intended."

Kaminari, with his brain fried for the time being from discharging large amounts of volts repeatedly, scooted towards them with two thumbs ups. Momo shook her head as she walked past, but stopped briefly to congratulate Shiro.

"Aisaka-san, I was honestly worried that you'd get our headband at that last second if time hadn't been called," she confessed with a hand at her heart. "Todoroki-san used his ice on you, didn't he? Are you okay?"

Shiro blinked at Momo's observant question. In truth, she wasn't okay. Stupid frostbite. I need to get to Recovery Girl.

"Ye—"

"Aisaka," Todoroki was suddenly next to her with his usual serious expression on his face. Others around the girl wondered what he wanted since they've gotten the impression that he wasn't really known to speak to people unless he was trying to challenge them, like with Midoriya. "Come with me."

"What? Why?" she asked suspiciously but he wasn't taking no for an answer. Grabbing her left hand gently, he caught her by surprise as he pulled her away from the group. "T-Todoroki-san—wait!"

Watching them leave, the rest all had bewildered looks on their faces.

"What's up with them?" Mina asked curiously, her eyes never leaving their hands as she wiggled her brows. "Holding hands?"

"Could it be...?" Iida trailed off, his eyes widening.

However, Uraraka seem to know what was going on as she pumped her hands close to her chest. Since she saw them talking the last time, too, that had to be it.

"He must want to congratulate Shiro-chan," she said confidently. "But in private because he's shy!"

...Really? They all thought skeptically.

Back at the stadium, Endeavor had seen his son go after Shiro as they disappeared out the tunnel. He narrowed his blue eyes before leaving.

ooo

"Hold on, where are you taking me?"