Testing the Waters

Several days into their ultimate moves training, the girls of class 1-A were hanging out in the common area to relax one night to talk about their progress. Just a day ago Bakugou had perfected his AP Shot which caused a giant boulder-sized chunk fall off the mountain and nearly collided with All Might who came to visit. If it weren't for Midoriya's quickness and new move involving using his legs, it would've been a dangerous situation for the retired hero. The other guys made good progress with their moves and costume alterations as well, but their practice was interrupted 10 minutes early when class 1-B came in. It was there they learned that the two hero courses will be taking the provisional license exam at separate times and locations; the days were getting shorter for class 1-A and the 50% pass rate was more imposing than ever.

Mina sighed tiredly as she lazed on one of the sofas, "We're working so hard every day..."

"It's not called 'intensive training' for nothing, huh?" Hagakure responded, the energy in her voice also duller than usual.

"There's less than a week left before the provisional licensing exam," Momo reasoned to settle their complaints. The invisible girl perked up once more.

"Yao-momo, how's your ultimate move coming?"

"There's something I want to do, but my body can't keep up yet so I need to develop my Quirk a little more first."

"What about Tsuyu-chan?"

"I've perfected a move even more frog-like than before. I'm sure even you'll be surprised, Toru-chan," the girl responded while sipping on a carton of strawberry-flavored yogurt milk. Shiro, on the opposite side of the girl, was drinking the same thing contently. Due to popular demand for the flavored milk, the dorm pantry was stocked along with the regular ones that Uraraka and the rest enjoyed.

"What about you, Ochaco-chan?" Hagakure asked the absentminded brunette, but she got no response. Tsuyu tapped the girl on the shoulder with question and suddenly the girl was ripped out of her daze with a blush on her face.

"Huh?!"

"You seem tired."

"Oh, no, I'm not tired at all. I'm just getting started!" Uraraka denied with a nervous laugh. "At least, that's how it's suppose to be, but, how do I put it...? Recently, my heart's been feeling all stirred up..."

"It's love!" Mina exclaimed excitedly with her hands in the air. Since she was sitting between Shiro and Jiro, her movement jolted the two girls slightly and Shiro almost squeezed her drink too hard and let it spill just as Uraraka's face burned up with adamant denial.

"Wh... What?! Glove? Shove? Dove? I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Is it Midoriya or Iida?" Mina pressed on with a knowing grin. "You're always with them, aren't you?"

"No, no, that's not it! No...!"

She floated... the girls all observed as Uraraka circled weightlessly above their heads with her hands covering her embarrassed face. Hagakure and surprisingly Jiro were interested and continued to question.

"Who is it? Who is it?!"

"Spit it out. You'll get a lighter sentence if you confess."

"It's not it!" Uraraka begged, "I don't really know anything about that stuff... W-What about you guys?!"

The attention was momentarily drawn off the embarrassed brunette at her question and Mina grew excited as she looked between the girls. "The boys in our class aren't too shabby, so there has to be one or two you guys have eyes on, right? Jiro-chan, you start!"