I'll Give You a Hand

"Team Hagakure and Shoji have passed!"

The announcement carried over to Shiro and Monoma's testing location and they anticipated for their turn. They were inside on the second floor of what looked to be a replica of a large mall, and the exit was all the way on the other side where a large fountain stood at the bottom. It seemed like a straight shot but they both knew Vlad King wasn't going to make it easy. All of the stores around them had large glass windows and there were dressed-up mannequins placed all over the area to simulate a real mall. For their exam purposes, they weren't asked to pretend the mannequins were real people and so they didn't have to avoid them, but it was there as a distraction.

As heroes, their objective was still to create the least amount of damage to the area and either capture the villain or escape through the gate.

"We're sticking to the plan, right?" Shiro asked.

"Of course," Monoma finished adjusting the clocks on his hero suit and gave one of her ponytails a light tug, in part to irritate her and in part to copy her Quirk. "My copy lasts five minutes after activation, so try not to get beat up too bad before then."

"Team Aisaka and Monoma, practical exam start. Ready, go!"

On cue, Monoma dashed away conceal his presence while Shiro activated the dial on her right eye and set out to find Vlad King. She hated to admit it, but while Monoma was annoying, he was extremely intelligent. Pooling their wit and resources together would make them one hell of a team, but it was just hard to work with someone who was so irritating. It was a wonder that they were able to devise a plan without incident.

Vlad King... Spotted! she jumped down from the central staircase and immediately tried to land a kick at the waiting Pro Hero. Her foot smacked the hero's arm, but he was able to deflect with ease and forced her to crash into a store. As I suspected, I can't match his super-strength head-on.

"You're bold to carry out a full-frontal attack, but I see you're alone. Where is Monoma?" Vlad King remarked as he made his way towards the girl with large strides. His muscular body was imposing as he towered over her.

"Don't worry about him, your opponent is me!" Shiro shouted before throwing a handful of clothes at the hero to distract him as she got away. Leaping next door, she realized she was in a golf store and immediately grabbed the largest club to use as a weapon. Her utility belt could only carry things that fit inside the many pockets, so being in a mall with so many objects to her disposal was a lucky draw.

"You're planning on taking me on by yourself. I see," Vlad King said while giving the girl a stone-cold gaze. He could guess that her partner was trying to escape while he was distracted, but that plan is too rudimentary as he would be able to stop Monoma before he even reaches the fountain. Boosting himself at the girl, he activated his Quirk and a large amount of blood ejected out from his gauntlet.

Shiro jumped and swung the club to disperse the liquid, but the blood solidified upon contact and it got stuck within the glob. Her right eye spun and she ducked under the hardened mass to drop a kick at the hero from below at the same time she threw out a smoke bomb to obscure his vision. In the fog, Shiro was able to dodge the ejecting and retracting blood from the hero thanks to her Quirk and she loosened her binding ribbons to capture the hero.

"This practical is a measure of teamwork."

A hand shot out to grab Shiro by the neck as a mass of blood bounded her in place. The smoke cleared and Vlad King stared into the struggling girl's eyes, "Eraserhead did mention that you and a student named Bakugou had a terrible relationship with Monoma from my class, but to avoid working together just because of this is foolish. You won't get far in this exam."