For Better or Worse

BOOOOOOM!

The pressure of the explosion was so great that it shook the stadium and caused a great wind current to follow. Like the rest of the crowd, class 1-A had to brace themselves from the strong current. Some shut their eyes in horror while others, with the same emotion, couldn't peel their eyes away.

Then, all was silent as black smoke mushroomed from the center of the stage.

"I... I can't bare to look!" Mina covered her face as Sero let out a strained chuckle. Really, what was with Todoroki and Bakugou always showing off in the most terrifyingly upscale way?

"He really didn't hold back," Kirishima's brows furrowed with awe and worry, eyes searched for the manipulating girl. Going head on at an impact like that was too dangerous for even Shiro and her eyes. "I hope Shiro-chan is okay..."

"Ehhh, what is going on down there? Midnight?" Present Mic questioned frantically. The smoke was clearing in an agonizing pace and everyone was at the edge of their seats to get a look at the aftermath of the collision. "Surely Cementoss stopped it?! Right? Right, Eraserhead?!"

"Quiet."

No one made a peep as the dark smoke finally dispersed from the arena. Cementoss was still in his seat, meaning that he hadn't intervened, while Midnight was fanning the smoke away from her face.

Everyone then shot their eyes towards Bakugou, who was surrounded by piles of rubble he'd disintegrated during the explosion and inches away from the out-of-bounds line. He wiped away the sweat mixed with a bit of blood from the cut on his face with the back of his hand. No one could see his hands tremble but himself.

Meanwhile, leaning against a pile of broken cement to keep her standing, Shiro was breathing hard. She had managed to escape the explosion at the last second when she created more cement spikes in front of her and swung herself out to before going in to attack Bakugou from the side. However, the great pressure forced her back and if it weren't for her left eye, she would've been completely blown out of the stadium.

Shiro felt the nerves around her eyes tingle and burn. She was losing focus, but it didn't matter. She had manipulated the probability of being blown out the best she could...

"Aisaka-san..." Midnight started the call.

It was her right leg, the one that was injured by Bakugou earlier. It wasn't able root itself in place as well as her left foot.

"...Is out of bounds, so Bakugou-kun moves on to the next round!"

ooo

Shiro was sent to Recovery Girl's clinic.

Because of her leg injury, she had to be wheeled by medical robots. Recovery Girl started her check-up right away and wrapped up anything she couldn't completely heal, which happened to be the burn on her leg since the priority was healing the nerves around her eyes. She had overdone it with her Quirk again, though this time less severe because she wasn't stupidly trying to do the impossible at least.

Bakugou was just too strong for her to face head on. For now.

Shiro pouted regrettably. Watching the blonde's match with Uraraka previously had given her a good estimate of his power, or so she thought. During the match, she carefully measured the amount of time he needed to charge up his explosions for larger scaled attacks, and subsequently dosed him with a hefty amount of rain to detriment that process while giving her enough time to concentrate and store up energy for her rewrite. She had everything planned out, but she was still surprised by the extent Bakugou was able to exert his Quirk.