Versus

Overhead, Present Mic's excited voice boomed as he commented on Dark Shadow's impressive attacks against Iida. However, aside from Iida's strength, he was fast—he was the fastest in the class. But Shiro wasn't paying as much attention to the details as she sat in the player waiting room, face scrunched as she tried to will away all the swirling thoughts in her head.

It was hard to grasp her emotions but she knew what she had eavesdropped at Recovery Girl's really made her concerned for the green haired boy. She considered him a friend and his condition was extremely worrisome. All Quirks had its limitations, sure, but was it possible for it to cause as much pain to the user?

Shiro closed her eyes. It wasn't as if she didn't know the dangers of her own Quirk and how much harm it can do to her, but that was why she had Aizawa with her all these years to guide her and keep her Quirk in check. That man... her thoughts traveled to the person in the room when she visited. Perhaps he's like an Eraserhead to Midorya?

It was hard to imagine such a weak and scrawny looking man able to handle someone with such a powerful Quirk like Midoriya's, but she won't judge too much by appearance. Her mentor dresses like a bum without a care in the world, after all.

The door creaked, drawing Shiro away from her musings and to Iida. She had lost track of time and didn't even hear the end of the battle between the male and Tokoyami.

"Iida-san," she looked him over. There weren't any major scratches on him and he didn't look hurt at all. "How did the match with Tokoyami-san go?"

Iida, still grasping to the little adrenaline from his match, described in detail on how he was able to maneuverer out of Dark Shadow's line of attacks with his Recipro Burst before grabbing Tokoyami by surprise and pushing him out of bounds. Shiro was regretful that she missed his power move for the second time, but she had no doubt the effectiveness of his attack that got him the win.

Tokoyami's style is to attack with Dark Shadow from a distance. When Iida got close to him so quick, he must not had time to switch to defense, Shiro thought. It finally got her thinking about her own opponent as well. If she recalled, that was the girl who can produce vines from her hair, and if she were to guess, Shiozaki will be fighting from a distance like Tokoyami's style.

She needed to get close to the girl to throw her out, but getting caught in one of the vines would put her at a disadvantage. Such was the downside of her Quirk not being entirely physical.

"Are you ready for your match, Shiro-kun?" Iida asked the pensive girl. "Class 1-B seemed to hold a grudge against our class because of Bakugou-kun's insensitive provoking. As class president, I should be keeping the harmony between us but I have failed!"

"It's not your fault, Iida-san," Shiro gave the president a pointed look. "Besides, Bakugou got his fair share of retaliation by class 1-B during the cavalry battle. His big mouth even got him..." she trailed off, suddenly a bulb lighting above her head. That gives me an idea...

"YAHOO! Players get ready for the third match!" Present Mic's announcement overhead was loud as Shiro stood up.

"Thanks, Iida-san!" Her pensive demeanor cleared as she walked over towards the door. "As expected of a class president!"

Iida looked confused as she left, but her compliment sparked a reminder to give his brother a call. It was a good feeling to be appreciated for his role as the class president even if he wasn't quite sure what he did. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed his brother's number. He wondered if his brother was watching the sports festival.

"I am currently on a mission and cannot answer the phone."

"Nii-san..." Iida stared at his screen before shutting it off with a content expression. "Do your best."